• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension help apparently too high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension help apparently too high

I’m currently in arrears with my mortgage and would like to clear it in full.

I am 67, I have enough income each month.

I am earning 140.11 a month from my pension provider ( defined contributions pension )

I have previously taken some lump somes from other pensions.

I wondered if i could take a small lump sum from my pension and they’ve written back saying the two pensions I have add up to £44000 which is over the amounts for a trivial lump some or a small pot lump sum.

Thats fine, but aren’t there alternatives available for people who have saved more than the 30,000 and 10000 thresholds?

I appreciate that it might not be the best idea, but I’m struggling to pay £830 a month when we are both on pensions and I’d like the pension to clear the mortgage because we’d then have more than enough to live on
    Tags: None

I appreciate that it might not be the best idea, but I’m struggling to pay £830 a month
    How long do you have remaining on your mortgage ? and what is the current settlement amount if you did pay it off in one lump ( accounting for any early repayment penalties ) ? Is it interest only or a repayment mortgage ?

You would really be best to go and get some formal advice - speaking to Pension Wise would be a sensible first conversation to have - https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en/ap...ok-appointment

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X