• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - CCJ doesn’t belong to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - CCJ doesn’t belong to me

Hello there,

my my name is Sara and I’ve noticed that I have a CCJ on my credit file that does not belong to me. It belongs to my mum as we have the same name apart from the middle name. I really want to get rid of it, it’s really affecting me from getting any credit and I worry I wouldn’t be able to get a mortgage in the future. Can somebody help me and guide on my how to do this?
    Tags: None

who issued it and when, for what company?

Comment

Amethyst probably can advise you asked her to pop in soon

Comment

Originally posted by Saraespinosa View Post
        Hello there,

my my name is Sara and I’ve noticed that I have a CCJ on my credit file that does not belong to me. It belongs to my mum as we have the same name apart from the middle name. I really want to get rid of it, it’s really affecting me from getting any credit and I worry I wouldn’t be able to get a mortgage in the future. Can somebody help me and guide on my how to do this?
        Firstly you need to find out whether the actual CCJ is against you or against your Mum.

Do you live at the same address?

If the actual CCJ has been made against you instead of your Mum then you'd need to apply to have it set aside. However if it has just been wrongly applied to your credit file and the actual CCJ is correctly entered just put against the wrong credit file you'd raise a dispute with the credit reference agency.

Have you checked on the Judgment Register ? You can do this here https://search.trustonline.org.uk/Search/Person

If you have a Claim number you can call the courts ( they are back open on the 28th ) and ask for details of the judgment. You could also contact the judgment holder and ask them about the judgment and explain to them it seems to have been listed against your name rather than your mums.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X