• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ and Lending Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ and Lending Stream

Hi,
    im hoping someone can offer advice!
    I stupidly got a Lending Stream loan. I couldn’t afford to pay it, I was given a CCJ - I didn’t receive any paperwork prior to getting the CCJ only once it had been registered. I started to pay the CCJ because of the emails they were sending threatening to send bailiffs and attachment of earnings. My question is can I do irresponsible lending on Lending Stream now that it’s gone to CCJ? Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Was the CCJ through Asset with TM Legal acting for them?

Had you moved house inbetween taking out the loan with Lending Strem and the court claim being issued ? Had you heard from Asset/TM before the claim was issued?
    Does the CCJ show on your credit file ?

Yes you can still make an affordability complaint with Lending Stream couple articles by Debt Camel here https://debtcamel.co.uk/lending-stream-complaints/ and https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/ and also an example adjudication from the ombudsman on lending stream http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.u...?FileID=139536 for interest
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No I hadn’t moved, and the CCJ is on my file. And yes TM Legal. I’ve read some awful things about them online. Thanks for the links. I’ll work through them. Thank you

Comment

Okay, was the Judgment a forthwith order or an order to pay by installments ? ie. have you negotiated payments directly with TM Legal, or are you just making the payments as ordered by the court now ? TM seem to carry on sending emails and threatening letters regardless of whether you are paying so please don't let them worry you.

Have you had a copy of the claim or the judgment order from the court at all ? Any idea why you hadn't received it originally ? and did you look into an application to set aside the Judgment because you hadn't received it ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was this the only loan you had from LS?

Comment

Yes only loan, it was rolled over and topped up.

Comment

Originally posted by lorraineC View Post
              Yes only loan, it was rolled over and topped up.
              OK, well it is worth a try with an unaffordable lending complaint. One loan cases are hard but as this was rolled and topped up it is worth a go.

You may find it is rejected because of the CCJ. Don't let LS tell you to talk to Asset - you want LS to answer your complaint.

Please answer Amethyst 's questions about the CCJ so she can say what your options are for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X