• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Southern water defence help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern water defence help

Hi all , im desperate for help and an example of how to word a defence for southern water denfence claim to northampton county court. How do i word it so out of my depth was told by consumer action group that there are many examples of such defence templates on their site but there are not. Defence must be filed today!
    since the claim was made by sourthern water , i have recieved corrispondance through a cpr request i made to shulmans solicitors who are acting on behalf of southern water in this court claim. The cpr includes amended amounts from the original claim amount due to the limitations act. Southern watwr have also taken off interest. And also amended original amount? Should i include this in my defence and if so how? Ive been told that i should phone southern water and ask them to withdraw the claim as the amount has been amended due to incorrect billing ( billed me for a two bed property when its infact a one bed property) large amount is now statue bared due to limitations act. I really dont know how to file defence and im running out of time! Please help
    Tags: None

Your defence will be fine being filed before 4pm tomorrow ( Monday ) if you think it is due today. Maybe you can tell us the date of issue of the claim? If you acknowledged the claim you have 33 days from the date of issue to file a defence. If that does fall today then you shoul dbe fine so long as you file by 4pm tmw.

Also if you could post the particulars of claim and any letters you have sent following the claim asking for information. And any pre-action complaints/dispute/communication.

Your basic defence is that your rates have been set as per a two bed property when you live in a one bed property ? Have you paid the difference ( ie what you think you should be being charged? ) - and the water company have accepted your argument and amended the billing now ( since issuing the claim?) - is there still arrears on the account despite the correction ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Actually maybe a link to your CAG thread might help with this.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

More likely this one https://tinyurl.com/yaodcfpo

Comment

Ahhh seems like it. Can you confirm JGunn33 ?

Have they applied to amend their particulars of claim ?

If it is and the Issue date is 5/11/18 your Defence is due 8 December 2018.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X