• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Giving out address privately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving out address privately

Hi all,

apologies if this isn’t the right place to post but I cannot find anywhere else to obtain this information.

My grandmother recently passed and a relative I have had ongoing issues with for many years was named executor. He has requested private addresses to send inheritance cheques and such to. However I am concerned at the ramifications he could cause by my doing so.

can anyone advise of if there is anything I can do to prevent him from using my address other than for the communication regarding my grandmothers will?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Do you have a solicitor or accountant that could accept post for you ? or a close friend even ? There's no reason for him to require your private residence address, and of course any inheritance payment could be made by bank transfer.
    Tagging Peridot in case there are any rules I don't know about.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi SMW83,
      I don't know of any issues with requesting a payment transfer either with online banking or they could set up a transfer which may have a charge connected to it which they could deduct from the payment due to you. They may need you to sign an indemnity or receipt for the moneys so could be wondering how to get that to you?
      Would there be any issue with this person having e-mail communication or do you have a couple of e-mail addresses so your usual personal address wouldn't need to be provided? Then you could confirm bank details and they could send any attachments for you to print sign and return to them, then there's no need for any address details to be given other than theirs for returning anything but even that could be scanned and e-mailed back? Or as Amethyst suggested use a friends address?
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X