• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Totes Civil recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totes Civil recovery

I’ve been under a lots of stress, my mother committed suicide a year ago and I had a hysterectomy a few months after. I’ve been very depressed and am on anti-deoressantsz today for the first tome in my life I made a stupid and shaming mistake. I changed price stickers in Tesco stuff and got caught as I’m sure I should have. The security clerk was awful and very scary. Although I was left off with a two year suspension they kept the goods did not refund my money at all and have also said although I do t get a police record I will be reported and have to pay a fine. I’m mortified. I know I have mental health issues but felt so scared and bullied I couldn’t explain. I. The end o just said call the olive but they didn’t. I never want to go to a Tesco ever again but I feel in this day and age when mental health is such an issue they should be better equipped to deal with this situation and at least be able to ask the right questions instead of saying the I must be a professional and have just never been caught before. I’m shaken and so ashamed. I’ve not hid it from my family aleven though they said not to tell my father or anyone else but I’m not a professional so I wouldn’t want to hide it. I need help. I’m so worried they are informing the police as after 4 years of health issues and my mother’s death I though I was handling things. Obviously I’m not. Can anybody help me please.
    Tags: None

Good morning,

Please try not to let this take over your life. YOu have far more important things to get yourself through and deal with. This is a minor incident and completely understandable and Tesco's sound like they dealt with it terribly.

The Police weren't called at the time ? (if they weren't then they won't be now so don't worry about that)

The 'two year suspension' presumably is a ban from the store ?

You MAY get a letter from RLP ( just an invoicing company - they have no powers, they're not the police, and it's not a fine) for the Civil Recovery, whether you pay it or not is entirely up to you, we say you can just ignore them, but the letters can sound quite heavy, and be quite intimidating and it's understandable if your health issues mean you'd rather just pay so it draws a line under things.

On the treatment you experienced from the security staff.... I would put everything down in writing and make a formal complaint to Tesco's CEO. Things can't change if the top bods aren't aware - I believe Tesco still employ external security staff, and their behaviour reflects directly on the stores, I don't know what training security staff undergo.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much. I’m just so lucky I have good family and friends. But it hasn’t stopped my feeling suicidal. I totally take the blame. I did not argue that it was my fault entirely but he just wouldn’t stop. I now worry that with the rate of people with mental health problems how many would actually take their life. I will never forgive myself and find it impossible to look in the mirror without self loath. But I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your reply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X