• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting please needed advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting please needed advice

Please help me !!! I got caught shop lifting a few weeks back I know I’m so ashamed it was a few items from boots and one item from another shop , I got caught in boots they took me upstairs and rang 111 I had to wait for an hour and then police came and asked what had happened they took all the items back and then wrote this form out and I had to sign they said you only ever get one of these, I was asked to make a £25 donation to boots and I was banned but would be alllwed to go in store to give it them,I wasn’t given any paper work or anything like that I left and was told to make donation in 3 weeks,I’m just so embarrassed to go back in store is there anything I can do?? Please help me

So who told you that you had to make a £25 "donation" to Boots? And what for?

I would say ignore and just keep away from Boots for a while. But take notice of the police advice that you only get one of their forms.

Comment

The police said to make a £25 charitable donation to boots and to take it in to store

Comment

That sounds like the police officer was using his discretion and issued a Penalty Notice for Disorder (https://assets.publishing.service.go...e-guidance.pdf)
        although the complete procedure may not have been followed.
        Penalty notices should be given in writing (not sure from your post if you were given a form by police or not) to the offender and for retail theft are £90.
        Perhaps the cop used his discretion and thought £25 to a charity was a fairer penalty

Comment

Is Boots a charity ?
          Do you still have the papers he gave you ? Could you do a picture and post a copy here please ( remove any indentifying details )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No it’s a store,I wasn’t given any forms or anything like that

Comment

I just do not want to go back in store,but not sure what I can do or who I could ring,I wasn’t given anything an dhabent been sent anything,they said to make donation within 3 weeks , I’m just worried if I don’t they will be at my door

Comment

Strange to get you to sign a form but not leave you a copy. I'm not sure how you make a charitable donation to a company that isn't a charity or how exactly you'd go about doing that, you're not exactly going to go to a checkout in Boots and announce you're there to make a Charitable Donation because you Shoplifted 3 weeks ago.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes this I what I mean I wasn’t given any kind of forms but I had to sign what I think is your first police warning,I just don’t want to go in to store again

Comment

It does sound as though somebody was winding you up a bit. Boots don't want your £25.

Last edited by 2222; 13th November 2018, 22:49:PM.

Comment

Keep out of Boots for a while. Thaty payment sounds strange so don't pay anything and see what comes back.

Comment

You could enquire at your local police station to find out what you signed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X