• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

text messages from Newlyn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text messages from Newlyn

Good morning
    not sure what to do . Since 2nd of September , I have received 20 text messages from NEWLYN enforcement agents . here are a few examples :

"RETURN HOME NOW if you wish to present when goods are removed . Call ........with payment to avoid action . Quoting Ref :.... (at the time I was home, no-one tuned up)

"Removal truck booked today at 4pm as per court order to take control of goods, to avoid action call ....., quoting ref ..." (no truck ever came)

" You have failed to contact us. An enforcement agent will attend to remove goods as per COURT ORDER. Call NEWLYN ....with payment. "

All other texts are very similar to the above . None of them have my name or address. I am not aware that I have any kind of debt. Never received any letters or notices, through post.
    Always pay everything on time.
    This whole situation is quite upsetting now

I also had a voicemail (automated one) saying Newlyn tried calling me . This is First time I had calls from them.

Any advice greatly appreciated .
    thank you
    Tags: None

ploddertom

Hmm that sounds over the top and harsh even for Newlyn.

Can you give us the number these texts/calls are coming from ? or the number quoted in the texts ?

It might be worth checking your credit file to check there's no CCJ against you - have you moved in the last year or so at all ? ( thinking possibly old parking ticket where everythings gone to an old address? or council tax debt from a previous property ? ) Otherwise it could just be a 'wrong number', I'd check your credit file first just in case there is something, and if there isn't anything possibly get in touch with Newlyn DIRECT and ask them about the reference number they've given you, without giving them your personal details if at all possible -their number is 01604 633001
    You can't deal with it and make them stop unless/until you know what's going on - whether there is a debt and what it is - and if there isn't and it's a wrong number/ID you can tell them so.

"
    as per court order" - hmmmm.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It won't be a CCJ.

It will be some form of Council PCN - usually sent to an old address or unpaid Council Tax for current or old address. As Amethyst says you are going to have to bite the bullet and contact them, I would hazard a guess they do not have an address for you - hence all the messages and at this present time you do not have to give it to them.

Comment

Is that kind of text message about RETURN HOME NOW and sending a Truck round and whatnot standard for Newlyn ?( and if it is, how the feck do they get away with that kind of crap? )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Is that kind of text message about RETURN HOME NOW and sending a Truck round and whatnot standard for Newlyn ?( and if it is, how the feck do they get away with that kind of crap? )
          Technically they are doing nothing wrong and this sort of thing goes on with most Enforcement Co as they use it mostly when they have been unable to track down an address or someone who is never at home. They will possibly have been given the number by the Creditor and suspect in this case it will have been the Council.

Comment

Good gracious.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you all.
              I guess I will have to contact them and find out.

Comment

In regards to the text messages,
                it didn’t show the number , just says NEWLYN at the top where the number usually appears. When I click it it doesn’t show anything .

Comment

If you're on an iPhone you can click AUDIO under the sender detail expand thingy... but be careful I just tried that and it dialled 999 arrghhhhhhhhhh.

Let us know what Newlyn do come back with - whatever this debt is, if any, it will be sort out able xxx
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you.
                    I have emailed Newlyn , they got back to be just now saying I have outstanding balance with city of Westminster council of £400, ‘ City of Westminster who issued a Liability Order on 7 December 2016 for non-payment of Council Tax’ . Not sure how that happened as always paid by direct debit. Will give council a call. I don’t understand why they didn’t contact me before as I had the same phone number for at least 15 years .

Comment

That's good, at least you know what it is now and can look into whether it is an amount that was actually owed and somehow got missed or if the Council have made an error somewhere. Let us know how you get on.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Do you still live in the Westminster Council area?

Comment

No I moved away 6 years ago.
                          will let you know .
                          thanks again for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by Kotik79 View Post
                            No I moved away 6 years ago.
                            will let you know .
                            thanks again for all your help
                            Just so you are aware the chances are the Council will say you never told them you were moving and legislation allows them to send all documentation to your last known address - whether you live there or not. Just make sure they are not trying to bill you for a time you were not resident.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X