• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss sold mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss sold mortgage

Hi , I've been reading the posts re Pure Legal and I'm also concerned about having to pay out for insurance, disbursements etc. For a miss sold mortgage.The wording in all the documents is confusing if your not a solicitor and I'm hesitating about signing. What does anybody else think ? I'd really appreciate any suggestions!!
    Tags: None

Ex staff here. I felt compelled to sign up just to reply. I realise Im a bit late to the party.

PLEASE dont use this company. They havent settled a single case. Beyond the commission for the loan they get they have zero interest in your case.

I quit because of how unprofessional they are in every way imaginable

Comment

The commission they're after is on the loan to pay the upfront fee of about 7k ?

Do they do a thing beyond sending a Subject Access request to the lender?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

From what Ive seen over there they make a 10k commission on the Novartis loan regardless of the cases outcome.*

I was in vetting/claims. We would send a dsar out to the lender. Then vet what came back against the criteria. Sometimes lenders would fail to respond to the dsar and they wouldnt chase it nor make complaints to ICO. I asked many many times why they would fail to do this (failing to act in the clients best interests) and never got a response. Whenever questions were asked it was you dont need to know. That in itself screams shady.*

The contents of the dsar would then be sent to MQR (mortgage quantum report) to value the claim. In the absence of a dsar they would essentially take a guess. From that point the case would go up to legal.*

I had had a friend in legal who told me they have hundreds (if not more) cases that have missed the limitation date simply because they have been sat on a desk untouched for so long. Ive also overheard a solicitor (only met one when I worked there) telling MQR what to say in the report . This is obviously a big no no. The MQR costs them 2.5k per case so there making 7.5k per case regardless of outcome.*

They havnt settled a single case. I beleive they are gearing up to have a few go up shortly.*

They act more like a mass cmc claims farm than a law firm imo.*

Ive heard a whistleblowing email ha been fired off to the SRA.

Comment

They are just another part of the tangled web of CMC's in the North West that masquerade as being Law Firms. They do this, just to try and circumvent as much FCA regulation as possible.

As has been said previously, no claims settled, they will have all your personal details and I have a nasty feeling that your nae will be added to a Mugs List if you contact them.

Comment

From what I’ve seen over there they make a 10k commission on the Novartis loan regardless of the cases outcome.

Is it Novitas or Novartis ? Just as Novitas is 'legal funding' ( part of Close Brothers) https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001HixlaAAB and Novartis is an Indian loan company.... just checking. Do you know what the terms of those loans are?

Also Mortgage Quantum Report are these http://mqrltd.co.uk/ ?https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...32372/officers ? Directors link back to Pure Legal of course.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes sorry it’s novitas(yes it traces back to pure, I was told they are “good friends”:

https://www.novitasloans.co.uk/

I never actually saw the terms off the CCA despite asking “you expect me to sell a loan without seeing the terms???” All I ever got was “you don’t need to know that”.

i do however have some limited notes from what I did see;

”funding loan: loan in clients name, used to pay for expert reports, court issue fees etc.*

Unlike a personal loan it is repaid in full at the end of the case.*

If the case is successful the loan the loan is repaid by the defendant (I asked about this it’s based on a PRESUMPTION that a court would allow this as costs) if unsuccessful the loan is repaid by the ATE insurance.*

*client liable for fees if they cancel outside of the 14 day cooling off period (I know of one this happened to and they have a payment plan in place to pay thousands)

if they have their their own insurance it gets checked and our own ATE process starts (I was told they never accept the clients own insurance)”

they tell clients “it doesn’t show on your credit file” then in the next breath “it improves your credit score” this makes zero sense to me and as usual they couldn’t offer explanation “you don’t need to know”.*

They guy who owns pure is ex Slater Gordon-look at how badly they were doing with him at the helm. Also, I interviewed with slater and they told me he “jumped ship, stole loads of clients and staff” they REALLY don’t like him over there...

At the annual company conference he said “everyone laughed at me when I said we could get clients to take a loan WELL LOOK AT ME NOWWWWWW” he seems to have a real chip on his shoulder about it...and ps he has no legal qualifications.

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/...NSON/companies

some staff reviews*

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Pure-Bu...-Group/reviews

they are*constantly recruiting because of the high staff turnover. I beleive they’ve stopped using Indeed because of those reviews.*

Comment

Ouch

Clients have to sign a CCA and fund their own claim when it's supposed to be no win no fee ?????

That scans with what clients have said. Novitas have FCA auth (
                https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001HixlaAAB ) which includes second charge mortgage ( ie. secured loan ) - are these finance arrangements actually secured loans? ( anyone got a copy of one of these agreements ?)

Originally posted by trading names of Pure Legal
                Trading/brand names

Claim Your Mis Sold Pension; Claim Your Bicycle Accident; Claim Your Cavity Wall; Claim Your Hidden Commission; Claim Your Housing Disrepair; Claim Your Miscalculated Mortgage; Claim Your Mortgage; Claim Your Motorbike Accident; Claim Your Serious Injury; Mr Compensation Hidden Commission; Mr Compensation Mis Sold Mortgage; Patient Protection; Pure Claims
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X