• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA advice

Hi..I'm a newbie here so thanks for your help.
    I got into financial trouble in 2007 with an unsecured loan my now ex husband got me into (it's in my sole name). I divorced my husband and missed payments on my loan. It went into default and got passed to Apex. I made an agreement and started paying £60pcm. Life moved on, the default timed oit on my credit file, I moved house but carried on paying. I struggled financially and lowered my payment to £50pcm. 1 year after lowering my payment brings me to today. I have had Robinson Way call me today. They asked for me by my married name so im making an assumption its to do with this (i have no other unpaid debts). I didnt confirm security details as I was suspicious being called by a name I haven't used for 10 years. They said they had been sending me letters (none recieved) and would be issuing another today.
    my questions are:
    as i lowered my payments by £10pcm could apex have sold my debt on?
    they obviously don't know my correct surname and am assuming they are writing to me in my old name at an old address. Could they commence ccj action in my old name/address?
    thanks in advance
    Tags: None

As you have defaulted on the loan ( back in 2007? ) then yes they could potentially take you to court. Were Apex acting on behalf of the original lender or had they bought the debt ? Apex or the original lender may have sold it on to Hoist ( who Robinson Way are part of).

How much was outstanding when you defaulted on the loan, as obviously you've been paying this £60/£50 a month for over 10 years so have probably paid over £7k.

You won't have any chance of it being time barred a syou have been paying so it would be wise to tell Robinson Way/Hoist your current contact details - last thing you want after everything is a CCJ by default because it went to an old address. They possibly want to ensure you continue with the £50 payments, if it IS this debt, and make sure you aren't paying them to Apex still.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X