• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sorry......another PPI investigation company query????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry......another PPI investigation company query????

PPI completed via the claims guys(Summer 2018), monies came through from our bank within 6-8 weeks. We had so many accounts, some of these payout details went straight to the claims guys, and we've paid the required fee. But some needed us to engage with our bank personally, and it seems those claims have come directly to us, and though the Claims Guys know we've had a payout, they don't have details. Once I spoke to our bank they were very clear that the claim had now become between them and me. I've now had letters from the Claims Guys asking for copies of the Final Decision letters from the bank to be sent, or we will be invoiced for work carried out. I guess what I want to know is......am I obliged to tell them? Is it worth waiting to see what the invoice looks like??? Thanks
    Tags: None

If the claims were started by the Claims Guys for those specific accounts that you had payouts on, then it is very likely that you will be deemed liable to pay the comission charge. They can't claim commission for PPI refunds you've obtained without having instructed Claims Guys first, so you'll need to check what accounts/lenders you gave third party authority to Claims Guys for If there is third party authority in place then the bank will inform Claims Guys that they have settled it directly with you.

Lots of people get a bit miffed when they find out just how easy reclaiming PPI is, and unsuprisingly don't feel inclined to give 30% or whatever over to a CMC who likely just sent one letter and started the process off, but it doesn't make the invoices/charges invalid sadly.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X