• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss led by career financial 4trade skills limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss led by career financial 4trade skills limited

Well this is all to do with my son who was 16 at the time when he contact this company I did not understand who and what that was so a man come to my home to explain what it was all about and what my son would get from it and what skills he would have so we agreed to listen ,eney was he ha his table and labtop at hand and show us about the plumbing courses afcoures my sin was happy but it all come down to it was all to much to pay for and me and the dad was on a low income so we could not pay for it my son was upset but he understand ,so we agreed we could not PAY I thought that was the end Oooooo no ,the man who had come to my house had decided on his own decision that he would pay the £100 deposit him self I told him no as I cant pay for the course the was £6310 I ask then to cancel it but that did not so I could them the 2_time to cancell it but that did not so I got solicitor letters and not got a CCJ against me Sir something that was not promoted my son did not even put one finger on eney part off the courses now I'm going thought hell all because off career finance 4trade skills limited

From Belinda toms and Jt my son
    Tags: None

Hi Belinda, THis sounds like a horrid situation and entirely not of your, or your sons, making.

What's the position with the CCJ ? Have you received a court claim or has it already gone to a judgment ? and who is the claim against - you or your son ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

ive had a similar problem with career finance for skill I think it’s a sister company but I was desperate to get a career behind me as I’d had a rocky few yrs I jumped at the chance when I seen it promoted on Facebook of all places. So a lady comes round explains everything it seems a dream future. I was on job seekers at the time as I was getting back on my feet so my mother paid the £50 deposit for me and I agreed to pay the £40 a week out of my job seekers money to do the course. Within a week I knew it wasn’t for me. I was phoning numbers everyday to get the disk set up on my lap top and couldn’t get no help. I told the job centre about it and they told me to phone them and cancel which I did the week after I think I was 2 days over the cooling off period. They say they have record of the call but all’s that was asked was for a password when I actually asked that on the 1st week. So few months later I was made homeless and got on with my life 6 yrs later when I have a family and good job I’ve been refused all sorts of credit which doesn’t seem bad but when trying to build a life for me and my family I have this horrible mark on my credit file for £7500 finance that I never knew was finance. I thought it was a pay as you go course. I was completely mid led and I never even logged in to the disk to start the course. I’ve brought all this to their attention and they say they won’t remove it until o pay the amount but I never received the any part of the money. Is there anythin I can do. I am willing to take them To court even at a cost. It’s horrible how they can do these types of things and get away with it.

thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Belinda,

This happened to my partner 10 years ago, and he is still being hounded by debt collectors - he didn't even complete more than one month of the course. I have checked and to my amazement, Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Ltd (also goes by CF4ST) is registered with the FCA; however, I am convinced that they have behaved unfairly at best and illegally at worst (I am more convinced of this). My partner is in conversation with the debt collection agency to see if an agreement can be reached but either way, I want to make sure that this company is held to account for its irresponsible if not illegal lending. There is clearly a dodgy relationship between the training company, Train 4 Trade Skills, and the lender, Career Finance 4 Trade Skills, which needs to be looked into. The college pretended to my partner that they had applied on his behalf to Barclays for a personal loan and it had been rejected! But guess what, they knew where he would be able to get a loan...

I think we could get somewhere with a complaint to the FCA but obviously our case is stronger if we are more than one - perhaps we could try and build something of a network for people like my partner and your son who have been exploited by these people? I am going to invest in some legal advice and I will obviously be happy to share the outcome of that with you.

In sympathy and solidarity
        Hannah

Comment

Hi Hannah, was wondering how you got on as I’m starting to look into this for a family member with the same problem and happy to join forces. There must be misconduct somewhere!

Cathy

Comment

The same setup conned our Grandson for the inheritance his Grandfather left him from memory was in the region of £36.000, He had to stay at the Hotel miles from home and so had to stay /lodge until the end of the course, promised him a job with British Gas. The end result no job and fend for yourself WE never promised you any job. Many others have been conned in the same way, all reported on Legal Beagles. .

Comment

Hi all the above sound familiar.. i had 2 in my household. Sister companies. Only done 2 months on different courses.. one couldnt even sign on to the "classes" . When he complained was told .the course had been paid for, for 2 years in advance. Who would pay two years in front for a course . You might not even like. I really think these are a con.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                The same setup conned our Grandson for the inheritance his Grandfather left him from memory was in the region of £36.000, He had to stay at the Hotel miles from home and so had to stay /lodge until the end of the course, promised him a job with British Gas. The end result no job and fend for yourself WE never promised you any job. Many others have been conned in the same way, all reported on Legal Beagles. .
                This was our Grandson, Ashleigh. He just got on with his life, my opinion is these crooks should be investigated for fraud by the Police. Quite honestly I don't know how they sleep at night, but as crooks that they are they laugh just get the money, never leave or worry about the problem they cause.

Comment

TRADING STANDARDS may be able to offer some help. These rogue traders should be stopped.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X