• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt managers (services) ltd and Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I would like someone to confirm I do not have to give details of any previous address. DML wrote in their letter of 21st May 2018. "On review I can confirm that we were in receipt of your CCA request in January 2017. as we hold a previous address on our file we asked you to confirm your association with an address on ----------------. this is to ensure we are not divulging personal data to a third party. We also returned your £1.00 Postal order" The last bit about divulging personal data is something new DML have come up with and has never been mentioned in all the previous letters.
    How should I reply? Do I need legal advice now?

Comment

Is that address one you recognise ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please see my post of 26th May. Good news the Ombudsman is "on the case" and I have sent all documentation to them today along with their complaint form. I asked for an apology, removal of the default and compensation for the cost of sending letters. Also compensation for the harassment/distress caused by DML and their solicitors Restons.

Comment

Not withstanding all the above, can Restons still Issue an actual Claim against My partner in the County Court without responding to our request for a True copy of the alleged Agreement?

Comment

yes they can regardless but they would have to by asking the judge to order them later down the line, usual way these herberts operate

Comment

Hi, just an update. We have now had a reply from the Ombudsman saying they are looking into the case and they will contact us within the next 12 weeks.
              Also although the CDPR letter we sent to Next Retail on the 1st June 2018 was signed for, no reply was ever received. Should we chase them up or just wait for the FOS?

Comment

Data protection act request ? Yes chase it up and if you get nowhere make a complaint to the ICO ( information commissioner )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, Any update on how you got on? I'm currently having the exact same problem with these lot. Spoke to ICO and they told me to make another complaint, then when DML don't comply with my gdpr request I've to refer it to them to look into. This has been going on for 2 years now!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X