• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello again

Hi guys, not posted on here for quite sometime, have checked in occasionally but not contributed for a long time.

A wee update, just over 3 years ago i had something of a breakdown. I am a compulsive gambler, and found myself at my rock bottom. Mortgage company was about to start repossession proceedings, council tax were trying to have me sequestrated, and i was on the verge of checking out and leaving my wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
    Luckily, my doctor pointed me in the direction of gamblers anonymous.
    It wasnt easy, and i had a few falls, but, ive now been gambling free for 21 months.
    I have cleared my mortgage and council tax arrears, i dont have any other credit as my rating is so bad no one would be daft enough to lend to me at the moment lol.

This may come as a surprise to some folk, i have a few members from here on my FB, and to look at that you probably wouldn't know.

Anyway, why am i here, i have been successfully reclaiming some old ppi's, and ive had one recently rejected on the grounds of time barred. Apparently they wrote me in 2013 to inform me i may have been missold. My head wasn't in a great place in 2013 so i dont know whether i received it or not, but, i am interested to know if it is worth taking to the FOS? It was a citi card and is being dealt with by canada square operations.
    Last edited by stevokenevo; 15th May 2018, 13:22:PM. Reason: Changed FCA to FOS lol
    Tags: None

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say well done on the positive changes you have made. I have a friend who has recently realised he is addicted to gambling, sought help and is at the start of his journey repaying the debts he accumulated. I hope he's in the place you are one day.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks Jag, I hope your friend gets the help they need, gambling addiction is a talking illness, and the only way to arrest it is with the help of others who have experienced the same

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X