• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Picture uploader does not seem to work on my linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture uploader does not seem to work on my linux

Hi

Just tried to upload a picture from a linux ( KDE ) lappy, and it only allows upload from URL, not PC, when i have come up against this on other sites, the upload box usualy has a button for basic uploader.

Its not realy an issue for me because it was only a fun picture i was uploading, and i dont supose you have that many people using linux ( tut tut tut .. ) so its just to notify you really,,, just incase. ( i use chrome, will try with Firefox later ).
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even
    Tags: linux, uploader

Re: Picture uploader does not seem to work on my linux

Hiya, In order to upload from your PC you have to enter ADVANCED REPLY rather than Quick Reply (which only allows image adding from a URL) and then select the PAPERCLIP Icon which should bring up a pop up box with the uploader within it. Hopefully that's what the issue is. Sharon xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As said, it's not Linux, although coincidentally I'm posting from KDE as well. :P

The old flash based image uploader was dumped by vBulletin a while back, so most forum owners have had to tweak/change how the uploads work to one degree or another.

Comment

I have no idea what a KDE is xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

K Desktop Environment.

http://www.kde.org/workspaces/plasmadesktop/

http://www.kubuntu.org/feature-tour

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
            ... I dont supose you have that many people using linux ( tut tut tut .. ) ...
            I tried to switch to Linux a couple of weeks ago, but the PC hardware was incompatible (tried both Ubuntu and Mint).

Is there a site anywhere that says what is, and isn't, compatible? I am reluctant to shell out for a new PC if it's going to be a lottery. I could post the proposed new setup on the Linux forums, but that could take forever and even then still not be sure.

Comment

I have no idea what a KDE is xx
              If linux is your car engine, KDE,Gnome,LDX ect ect, are like your changeable interior and dashboard, Basically the graphical front end and programs, each variant differs. Most people who have used windows would be able to use KDE, gnome, LDX is for low memory machines, ect....

I was going to use the 'If windows and linux were women example....... but best not..

Amythist... dig out an old PC or lappy, download a version of linux, and give it a go..... you will be supprised how fast an old PC can run when its not trying to report everything your doing back to bill gates....
              crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I tried to switch to Linux a couple of weeks ago, but the PC hardware was incompatible (tried both Ubuntu and Mint)
                what did it fail on ( graphics at a guess ). If you PM me with the setup, graphics card, i wil walk you through the setup. You can run both on a pc, and thats what i would recomend at first.... It takes time to switch over from win to linux, but the more you use it, the more you start to get annoyed by the way windows does things

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X