• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need a guide to Uploading documents to LB & off site storage and linking.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a guide to Uploading documents to LB & off site storage and linking.

Editing documents online using pixlr

Pixlr is an online image editor that supports most browsers and can be used on a Mac as well as a PC.

Point your browser to pixlr.com and click on

You will see the box shown below. Click Open image from computer. You can also edit files you have stored online by choosing Open image from URL.

The toolbox appears on the left hand side. There are many tools you can use to edit images. To remove bits of text, the easiest way is to use the eraser tool highlighted on the left.

Click the eraser and you will see the following at the top of the screen:

You can adjust the size by clicking on the little arrow below the number. Make sure the Opacity is set at 100. The solid, square brushes will work best in most cases.

You will see an outline of the brush on your document. Adjust the size if necessary by repeating the steps above.

Rub along the text you wish to remove, it will turn white. If you make a mistake, press CTRL+Z to undo.
    Click File -> Save or CTRL+S to save the file. The default settings (JPEG, quality: 80) will work well in most cases.

If you need to resize the image, click Image -> Image size. Make sure the Constrain proportions box is checked and enter the desired pixel values.

Pixlr is a fully featured image editor. Under Adjustments, you will find useful tools such as Brightness and contrast and Levels. These may be useful to make text more legible and improve the quality of poor scans and photos, correct exposure, etc. Feel free to have a play and see the results on screen.

Comment

I've posted quick tips for Paint and the pixlr online editor above. Obviously you can also use Photoshop (that's what I use), PaintShop Pro, Photoshop Elements, GIMP, etc.

I assume if you use any of those programs, you'd already be familiar with them. If you need any help or have any questions, shout! :director::director::director:

I will post more regarding external image hosting a bit later.

Comment

Keep it up FP---You are doing great

Comment

Looking utterly brill FP. Shout when you are done and I can extract the completed posts to their own sticky thread xx Thank you
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Using an photobucket to host your documents

You need to create an account to use photobucket. You'll need to provide a valid email address, choose a username and enter a date of birth. You can store up to 2Gb for free, which should be enough for the purpose of uploading documents. Additional space is available for a monthly fee. Free accounts are supported by adverts. Click "I'm OK with 2Gb" to proceed with the free account.

You can create albums if you wish to organise your images. Make sure the privacy setting is set to Private but do not set a password, otherwise we won't be able to see your images on the forum. To avoid being identified, don't use your real name on photobucket, because it will show up on the URL (link) to the image.

More to come...
            Last edited by FlamingParrot; 14th November 2013, 21:13:PM.

Comment

No FP--as I said in PM--set it to PRIVATE as I could then see your entire album

There are 3 states
              • Public
              • Private
              • Private with a Password

see
              Private Albums
              When an album is private:
              • Photos and videos in the album do not display in Photobucket search results.
              • Your followers will not see photos uploaded to the album.
              • You will not see images you upload to the album on your Profile page.
              • You may share without allowing viewers access to the entire album.

Additionnally--If I wanted you to see all of an individual album-I would set it PRIVATE with a password so I could give you access

see
              http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=photobucket

Hope that helps FP---all my albums are PRIVATE and I got hundreds of links on the forum

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              Using an photobucket to host your documents

You need to create an account to use photobucket. You'll need to provide a valid email address, choose a username and enter a date of birth. You can store up to 2Gb for free, which should be enough for the purpose of uploading documents. Additional space is available for a monthly fee. Free accounts are supported by adverts. Click "I'm OK with 2Gb" to proceed with the free account.

You can create albums if you wish to organise your images. Make sure the privacy setting is set to Public, otherwise we won't be able to see your images on the forum. To avoid being identified, don't use your real name on photobucket, because it will show up on the URL (link) to the image.

More to come...

Delete this post later of course for continuity

Comment

Thanks Turbs! :yo:

Have PMd you. :typing:

I'm sure Ame will string it all together in the right sequence once it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  Old dog? I'm just a few months older than you! :beagle2222:
                  There is no way you are THAT old FP

Anyway if its of any help, I have learnt a couple of new tricks
                  1)Bullzip- converts word, excell, jpg to PDF's and stores on your PC
                  2) free jpeg to pdf converter http://www.freepdfsolutions.com/

Hope that helps people

Comment

Using PDFMate to convert PDF files to other formats.
                    PDFMate offers a free version of its PDF converter that can be downloaded here: http://www.pdfmate.com/pdf-converter-free.html
                    PDFMate can be used to convert PDFs to editable files: Word (.docx) and plain text (.txt) documents. It offers basic OCR (optical character recognition) to turn text in images into editable text, this feature is limited to 3 pages on the free version. Text- based PDFs can also be converted to Word or plain text files. Converting to Word will preserve appearance at the expense of editability, using lots of text boxes. This may make it difficult to work with the text. If you want to extract just the text and discard the formatting, convert to plain text (.txt) instead.
                    You can use PDFMate to extract the text from scanned letters, you can then past the body of the letter as text on your post. This works well for most letters where the main thing is to know what they authors are saying, and the format of the letter is largely irrelevant.
                    For other documents such as credit agreements, it's better to convert them to an image to edit out personal details using MS Paint, Photoshop, pixlr or the image editor of your choice, leaving everything else intact.
                    If you are using the free version, you will often get a 'nag' box asking you to upgrade. Ignore and close it. :grin:
                    More to come...

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...tails-safe!%29

Have made a 'virgin' thread for the guide in the Using this Forum section of the site and can copy further posts over as and when.

Thank you so much Adda for all your hard work on this xx It is very much appreciated.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...tails-safe!%29

Have made a 'virgin' thread for the guide in the Using this Forum section of the site and can copy further posts over as and when.

Thank you so much Adda for all your hard work on this xx It is very much appreciated.
                        Sorry I haven't been doing my job and haven't finished this.

I'll get onto it. One little problem i can see is not being able to edit my posts on the other thread, there are some I left as "more to come..." and I can't add more... :noidea:

Comment

I'll have a ponder how to get around that FP - for now though if you make new posts and give me the post number on the 'virgin' thread I can merge them into one post for you xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X