• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

anyone else having trouble with videos and smileys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enter / Return Key Issues - IE10 / Windows 8

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    any ideas how I can get firefox on my ms surface tablet ? actually it's probably good for me to use IE in at least one place so #I can 'experience' these bugs for myself.
    Firefox haven`t yet released a version for Windows 8 RT, will keep an eye out for when it does

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Truth? Because I have absolutely no idea how to have two tabs open at the same time when I want to post on LB and check out other threads/areas on LB simultaneously. The only way I can do it is to login on two separate browsers. Pathetic I know
    If you have Firefox, hold down the control key whilst clicking a link, it will automatically open in a new tab, failing that, click the + symbol to the right of your opened tabs.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Truth? Because I have absolutely no idea how to have two tabs open at the same time when I want to post on LB and check out other threads/areas on LB simultaneously. The only way I can do it is to login on two separate browsers. Pathetic I know
      CTRL + T will open a new tab.

If you right-click on a link, you'll see the option to open in new tab. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Comment

any ideas how I can get firefox on my ms surface tablet ? actually it's probably good for me to use IE in at least one place so #I can 'experience' these bugs for myself.
        Is this any use:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          CTRL + T will open a new tab. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
          I hope you're not going to send me an invoice for that revelation :doggieyes:

Comment

On Firefox there's a '+' sign next to the open tab. Click that and you have another tab open.

Sorry FP - crossed thread. I didn't know that - useful thanks!

Comment

Just tried my [more ] smilies and it is a pop up so might be a pop up blocker? They do come up fine though once loaded.

am on windows 8 / ie10
              I probably didn't explain myself properly. What I should have said it when I'm in IE10 (like now) I don't get to see the option to click on "more" smileys. The word "more" has suddenly vanished in the last 24 hrs

Comment

I probably didn't explain myself properly. What I should have said it when I'm in IE10 (like now) I don't get to see the option to click on "more" smileys. The word "more" has suddenly vanished in the last 24 hrs
                hmmm weird. I really haven't done anything (I know I might have slightly blown the site up for a short while yesterday but it wasn't anything major (just a typo in some coding) or anything to do with these issues).

It works perfectly on FF, and on this computer with Windows 7 / IE10. I've had none of the other problems with this computer either (Enter key/images etc).

I'll check on my Win 8 / IE 10 tablet shortly.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'll try reducing the number of immediate smilies to 15. (okay done hasn't helped, the move bit stays in the same place regardless of the number of smilies as it is a set box so have put it back to 20) If no one minds I'm going to put the smiley stuff on the other thread about smilies and keep this one for the Enter issues. (EDIT DONE)

Just helps me when I'm trying to fix issues having all the complaints together.
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 24th October 2013, 08:21:AM.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I'll check on my Win 8 / IE 10 tablet shortly.
                    It may well be a Windows 8 issue due to a mass of automatic updates. It's one year old this month and I'm suddenly finding 'strange things' happening overnight!

One of them is an invisible return key which sends me to a new line when I haven't asked it to.

The only reason I thought it might be an LB problem is because it's not happening when I post *elsewhere*.

All of these quirks only started in the last few days like my PM-sending hassle (I didn't get that too-many-recipients message which you got when you ran a test).

I also can't edit my post without clicking on the refresh button first (which sends me away from the page and I have to do the edit again) but this only happens when I'm using IE 10 and not Chrome I can do the edit but when I click on submit nothing happens.

And so on . . . .

Comment

Re: anyone else having trouble with videos and smileys?

Do you have Javascript enabled?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

It may well be a Windows 8 issue due to a mass of automatic updates. It's one year old this month and I'm suddenly finding 'strange things' happening overnight!

One of them is an invisible return key which sends me to a new line when I haven't asked it to.

The only reason I thought it might be an LB problem is because it's not happening when I post *elsewhere*.

All of these quirks only started in the last few days like my PM-sending hassle (I didn't get that too-many-recipients message which you got).

I also can't edit my post without clicking on the refresh button first (which sends me away from the page and I have to do the edit again) but this only happens when I'm using IE 10 and not Chrome
                        Thank goodness.

I've been having the same sorts of things happening on my new tablet.... I was getting annoyed with myself for getting it as it seemed so glitchy but makes sense it's bloody Windows 8 and IE 10 - and yep I had a huge update yesterday morning too.

I may well have to upgrade our VB again as it's just not as compatible with the new browsers and operating systems.... trouble is the next version is quite difference visually and still has lots of reported bugs so I'm waiting for that all to be sorted before changing us over.....I'm not upgrading to make things worse so we will be stuck with funny windows8 and IE glitches for a while.

I think I may put a 'optimised / compatible with Firefox / Chrome ' up in the header ?? to help people who just think it's LB being crap
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Do you have Javascript enabled?
                          I think so, but I haven't changed any of the settings on my computer because I wouldn't know how to. These are new issues which seem to have come from nowhere.

It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It certainly doesn't prevent me from posting

It's just makes me cross with myself for not understanding technology so I lose my rag in Chat Box and Tools gets to see my dark side

Comment

lol, thanks, I know it's not major issues and we can live with it, but glitches bug me too, they can make people a bit paranoid (like if chatbox is jumping or sent messages don't send ) then Jules and I get it in the neck, and mostly I hate seeing someone new come on for help being frustrated by not being able to put paragraphs in their post, like yesterday.

Smilies I can live without.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

In IE10 there is a 'compatibility view' button in the top bar (looks like a page torn in half) - have a go clicking that when on LB.

I've turned off Forum Runner ( the app for mobiles ) as well to see if that has an effect ( no one appears to use it anyway)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

on my tablet and testing account now - I'm on ie10 and windows8 and I can see the more button on quick reply and advanced reply no issues.

Enter works regardless of whether I'm in standard or WYSWIG mode.

I can't though see thumbnails of attached images, but if I click them they come up fine.

Far too random to be a LB specific thing.

I'll check more smilies on chatbox. - yep that works too.

Confused

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X