• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with Mobile on LB site --last 7 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Mobile on LB site --last 7 days

Hi--got a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android-Gingerbread (Ice Cream sandwhich from Jan 2013 probabably)

I used to have the exact layout we all have on our PC's but as from about 7 daysago--I no longer have

• the top line (notifications,My Profile/Settings/Logout)
    • the Chatbox
    • the recent threads

Its not my phone or V Bulletin as it works ok on CCS and PCF--see PCF below

Click image for larger version

Name:	mobiles 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1177821

Heres a phoneshot of my main phone screen now

Name:	mobiles 002.jpg
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1177823

Heres a phoneshot after clicking on the l/h icon with the dots on

Name:	mobiles 003.jpg
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1177822

Heres the bottom of the page

Name:	mobiles 004.jpg
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1177820
    Last edited by Turboman; 17th December 2012, 18:51:PM. Reason: messed up 2nd attachment
    Tags: None

Re: Problem with Mobile on LB site --last 7 days

Me too! Annoying, mines not even a phone, its a tablet. found that if I went to settings, three bars in right hand corner, there is an option for desktop view but having to tick it every time :santa_cheesy:
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

It should have this at the bottom - not sure why it doesn't show on yours.

Also if on full screen and you want the lightweight mobile version you can amend it at the bottom left of the page.

Anyhoo, have amended the settings so the lightweight version is default on OLDER mobile browsers and the normal version on newer mobile browsers. Have a check and see if thats done it.

People with the older browsers had problems with the site taking forever to load and having to scroll about to find log in sections etc. Of course IPAD type thingy and newer phones/tablets don't have that problem so much so should be okay on normal settings.

P.s. As I don't have an IPAD / Tablet thingy or new mobile browser - I can't check things till Daughter gets home from school with her IPOD Touch thingy xx
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Amethyst; 18th December 2012, 14:36:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok ,but still loaded onto the version labman had. also have a pc which is fine!
        No sign of the bit that says full site and still needing to click the option that says desktop
        Last edited by dogtired; 18th December 2012, 14:51:PM.

Comment

hmmmm, try now, have turned it off for all mobiles. let me know if that works.

Though the intial problem we were trying to resolve (the site not loading on older style phones and being too big for the standard ipod/iphone type screen) still remain, will have to have another think, maybe wait till VB5 is out of Beta.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

that seems to have worked!
            my device is a Samsung Galazy 8.9 but did do an update about a week ago!:2w32gd1:

Comment

Cool, thank you for your help xxx Will test out some stuff on Daughters Ipod thingy later see if I can fix it.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you! xx

Comment

Ame if you can post up some instructions on how to get LB up on an ipad 3 I'd really appreciate it, don't want to be unable to log in whilst I'm on my jollies do I :clgblinkie171:

Comment

You need a decent phone Turbo! pmsl :HOXmasFelf007:

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      It should have this at the bottom - not sure why it doesn't show on yours.

Also if on full screen and you want the lightweight mobile version you can amend it at the bottom left of the page.

Anyhoo, have amended the settings so the lightweight version is default on OLDER mobile browsers and the normal version on newer mobile browsers. Have a check and see if thats done it.

People with the older browsers had problems with the site taking forever to load and having to scroll about to find log in sections etc. Of course IPAD type thingy and newer phones/tablets don't have that problem so much so should be okay on normal settings.

P.s. As I don't have an IPAD / Tablet thingy or new mobile browser - I can't check things till Daughter gets home from school with her IPOD Touch thingy xx
                      Thanks Ame--back to normal--I was getting withdrawal symtomns from not keeping up to date --lol

Mine has always loaded things fast and scrolls fast too btw

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      You need a decent phone Turbo! pmsl :HOXmasFelf007:
                      Ha Ha Labman

Just cos you got the best & most popular phone in the world (Samsung Galaxy S 3) & I got the second best one (Samsung Galaxy S2)

Perhaps its cos mine has Android Gingerman and yours has Android Ice Cream Sandwhich as current operating system

Theres an upgrade in January for S2 btw to go to Ice Cream sandwhich

Comment

I think thats what I go not sure as i had to send the device back to Samsung and they sent it back saying they had upgrade to latest operating system which was why I thought it was me!!!:carols:

Comment

The mobile system is more for people with old nokias/blackberrys etc which don't have the fancy pants operating systems on and find it difficult to load full web pages. Not sure how we get around that one.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            The mobile system is more for people with old nokias/blackberrys etc which don't have the fancy pants operating systems on and find it difficult to load full web pages. Not sure how we get around that one.
                            Yep Ame--but on your screenshots as above--what phone was that from that actually showed the option at bottom to "View Full Site"?

Labman--Was your Galaxy S3 like mine above or like Ame's screenshots? (come to think of it--when I phoned you last week you was still getting to grips with it and just using it as a torch--roflmsl:msl

Comment

Any danger of some full instructions on how to load this site onto my ipad 3, or am I just talking to myself

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X