• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PC goes into overdrive ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC goes into overdrive ?

Can any of you techi's tell me why, when I log on to Beagles my PC sounds like someone flicked the turbo switch and the pc components race away inside the console? Doesn't seem to happen on other sites that I notice.
    Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.
    Tags: None

Re: PC goes into overdrive ?

I get similar on some apps on Facebook. I can't see a reason LB would do it, though the Twitter feed and ADD THIS parts seem to take some time to load.

If someone knows the answer let me know as pages have been a little slow to load of late, although only seemingly on one laptop, the pc and other lappy seem fine. May need to make a couple adjustments to the site.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Some gadgets & widgets can do this if you don't have much physical memory (RAM). What is the spec of your machine? All seems fine here..

Comment

XP
        SP3
        2.99GHz
        0.99GB of ram
        37GB hard drive - 24GB Used
        Nothing much stored on Local Drive all on 300GB remote..anything else?

While I'm doing this, sods law - machine as quiet as a mouse. LOL
        Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

Comment

Haha then maybe something else is going on in the background. That looks perfectly up to date enough to have no problems..

Comment

Originally posted by andrew1 View Post
            XP
            SP3
            2.99GHz
            0.99GB of ram
            37GB hard drive - 24GB Used
            Nothing much stored on Local Drive all on 300GB remote..anything else?

While I'm doing this, sods law - machine as quiet as a mouse. LOL
            The only things in a PC that can make noise are the Hard Drive and the cooling fan(s).

Some PCs have a processor cooler fan that speeds up or down according to the temperature of the processor, this in turn is dependent upon how much work the processor is doing. Reading web sites or writing posts are not hard work for a processor. If it is this fan making a noise either the cooler, the fan or the insides of your PC generally are dirty and dusty restricting the good flow of air to the vital components, or the fan is failing.

If the Hard Drive makes occasional loud noises, I would strongly recommend backing up all your operating system, programs and data. Noisy HDs are often close to failure which may be total and catastrophic.

Judging by the size of it it must be fairly old.

Clearing out all temporary files and defragmenting it may lengthen its life.
            They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

That's encouraging! LOL I rarely keep files on my hard drive and all my things are both backed up on a separate drive and stored on the remote drive as a double whammy so I should be okay thanks. What I would lose though is the operating system and that's not a bundle of laughs at any time. I'll defrag and clear out the temporary files though. Thanks for the tips..much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew1 View Post
                What I would lose though is the operating system and that's not a bundle of laughs at any time.
                You can download free disc imaging tools for Seagate or Maxtor HDs from these URLs:

MaxBlast 5 | Seagate

DiscWizard | Seagate

I think other major manufacturers do similar tools.
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X