• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Guests on threads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guests on threads

The paranoia about guests on threads....well annoys me a bit, as its a bit pointless, so just to clarify ...

Currently we have 108 guests and 20 specified search bots (like msnbot Spider, Google Spider, Yahoo etc who show as Guests on threads)

When a new thread is posted (once an hour), the title gets sent to Twitter, and that sends over between 20 and 30 ''guests'' to view that thread - these are auto search bots too.

We have lots of other spiders coming from places like amazonaws etc

When a thread is posted on it does bump it in spider crawling stakes so it gets more guests.

Spiders help with SEO and basically records the visible info so other people can find it in searches over t'internet.

Some are bonafide visitors (humans) who come from Google looking for help and to read others experiences. I expect a immensley tiny number are the 'opposition' looking for clues on your cases.

Lots of the more contenious issues forums (legal issues/creditors suing you?/CCA etc) are restricted viewing to guests - so guests can only view the first post of a thread then have to register to read the rest. So if it shows guests viewing, they are only looking at your first post anyway.

.... so can we not have all the 'hello guests' type paranoia here, we keep as much of an eye on things as possible and you shouldnt write anything you dont want anyone to know anyway. It just drives me crazy.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Guests on threads

Hello guest
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Didn't know we'd had any paranoia about it anyway
      Is no longer here

Comment

somewhere else maybe or paranormal? - Area 51?

Comment

Guests, what Guests ?

Comment

lol just in case. most definately paranormal and no, no paranoia here..just in case anyone felt like developing any in the future...oh thats paranoid of me now. lol, well I think of these things so thought I may as well post it. ignore me
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              lol just in case. most definately paranormal and no, no paranoia here..just in case anyone felt like developing any in the future...oh thats paranoid of me now. lol, well I think of these things so thought I may as well post it. ignore me
              go to area 51 now?! well I guest not um?

Comment

I suppose there might be bunny boilers on any website. cag has a few.

Comment

Oh no we have guests now, Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............... .......

Not the In Laws I hope.

Comment

The guests have left the building........
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X