• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scaffolding in private garden - weekly consideration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffolding in private garden - weekly consideration

Hi All,

We have developers working on the property directly at the end of our garden. They want to erect 90cm of scaffolding (2metres altogether) in our garden. We are working on an agreement, but it is very hard to find out what to charge per week. Our garden is only 6metres and we have 3 small children. It will probably be there over the summer holidays. I also work a few hours teaching from home per week, which may become v difficult with noise etc... Any ideas what we should be asking for per week? We don't yet know the duration. Many thanks.
    Tags: scaffold

Are the developers building up to the boundary?
    If so have the developers acted in accordance with the Party Wall Act 1996.and issued you with a notice

In any event if I were you I would be telling the developer that you will not give permission until you have taken legal advice; and that they must agree to bear all your legal costs in setting up any access facilities - including the initial appointment with the solicitor. Reiterate that no access will be granted without a tightly drawn-up legal agreement that sets out all the terms and conditions - including time limits, daily access, compensation etc etc

Comment

Many thanks. We have legal advice and a surveyor and are drawing up a legal agreement. Just stuck on finding any info on what to charge them.

Comment

All i can suggest is you ask a friendly local builder what difference it will make to costs and time between building with scaffolding or having to build from the inside (overhand bricklaying I think its called ? wales01man ) although the finish you will be left looking at won't be so neat.
        That might give you an idea how much the developers will be saving by having scaffolding on your land and therefore a bargaining point.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X