• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FORUM: How to REDACT documents and images of your personal information.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUM: How to REDACT documents and images of your personal information.

When uploading documents to the forum we highly recommend, nay, insist !, that you remove personal details from the document. I'll do a little guide for redacting documents for the uninitiated, I think mostly people have problems when going straight from a mobile phone/tablet.... so the simplest way is to use kitchen utensils to cover up your personal info before you take a photo ( I wouldn't go scribbling stuff out with a marker pen, cause you might need the document later for court or another reason and don't want to have permanently ruined it )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	95A054C7-E69F-4973-85E2-E2274D05439F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1392949 So, I've taken a photo on my phone and screenshotted it so it's not a massive file - this is normally plenty big enough to read on the forum... I've edited off my battery level bit using the crop tool on my phone ...

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I'll do the more technical redacting processes in a bit
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, more technical process.

Video...

I want to put a document in here but it has my personal details on.....

so OPEN THE FILE IN PAINT ...

Edit it and then save it, then you can upload it...

Click image for larger version  Name:	unredacted.png Views:	1 Size:	467.3 KB ID:	1392977
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

WORD should be easy, just change the words you want to remove to XXXXXXXX

PDF is a bit trickier. I have Adobe PDF Pro now, but in the olden days I'd screenshot the page, edit it on paint, and save it as an image. Bit of a pain. However, don't be tempted just to draw black boxes over the top of a document on PDF - it leaves all your personal info in place and if you scroll up and down quickly it is perfectly visible... so either use the full Redact tool on Adobe PDF Editor or switch them to Images and edit in PAINT ( or Photoshop of course )
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video, it's very informative, and it's a very easy way to hide your personal information, in my opinion. However, I like to use a more traditional method and use an online platform like https://pdfliner.com/ to edit my pdf documents before I upload them to the forum. This is available for all the documents I share online and not only, but I also use it for editing my work documents as well. I've never tried this method before, but still, good to know, it may come in handy at one point.
            Last edited by AlanMcLean; 30th November 2020, 13:17:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X