• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buddy System for Newcomers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy System for Newcomers

How about setting up a system where newbies can get some 121 help from the more experienced claimers, until they get settled.

I know that when I started out the advice flys in from every angle and you dont know what to do.

Obviously, once people get the basic premise about what to do they can continue on their own and just post further questions.

I have helped people like this before, and it affirms continuity and gives people better confidence in dealing with the banks.

As you say only a low percentage of CAG members continiue with their posts.

I have heard many a newbie continually ask the same question, because different people are answering the question, but in their own way. All answers are right, but for the un educated they are all gobblygook and this may lead to them going to the 25% leaches out there.

I have not seen this approach on any of the sites and I feelit would be a good approach for those who want help.

I would be willing to help people on this basis, as it forms trust and reasurance.

Paul

I like it, a lot of companies employ a similar thing on a new starters first day, or first couple of days. Wouldn't be difficult to set up either.

Nice one Paul.

Matt

Comment

Pkea.....great idea...
      I can help with CCA requests.....one thing I can do right.....lol
      I only have one Natwest claim under my belt....settled before AQ hearing....
      I will try and advertise the site as I have been trying to do......lol
      Love the idea....
      Russ

Comment

Yes it is a good idea, not only for the early stages but when you get towards a court date too, which is the point that most people feel most worried about the claim.

Comment

if I am eligible for one!
          could I have a toy boy or failing that someone over 60, thank you Enaid

Comment

Think this is a really good idea, but the buddies must really be someone that has gone through the whole process not just say on LBA stage.
            And the same bank/company if poss.

Comment

Yeah I think this is a good idea too but have to agree with Mistie that it would have to be people who have gotten all the way and are not just at the AQ stage or whatever...

x
              Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
              For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
              And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

It would have to work similar to this:
                1. New User comes in
                2. Team member establishes what stage they are at
                3. Team member can then allocate them to a "buddy"
                The buddy would, where possible have won a claim with the same bank, so therefore know the banks tactics. As you rightly say, there isn't a lot of point in giving someone a buddy that hasn't been through the entire process.

Matt

Comment

would it be a lot of work to contact the new user and give them a buddy? wouldnt it be better if there were a thread in each bank forum where the new user could request a buddy? some newbies might want to just get on with it on their own too

x
                  Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
                  For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
                  And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. We could offer a buddy system in the welcome forum when someone posts a new hello?

This is all assuming the owners agree of course

Comment

Think you need to check with the people your thinking of putting as buddies as well as they wont want to many, so numbers of newbies per buddy need to be set as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie View Post
                        would it be a lot of work to contact the new user and give them a buddy? wouldnt it be better if there were a thread in each bank forum where the new user could request a buddy? some newbies might want to just get on with it on their own too

x
                        I wasn't suggesting that every newcomer gets a buddy, just those who want some initial guidance to set them on the way and give them some confidence.

A thread in each forum would be a good idea with a list of members who have succesfully dealt with the bank in question.
                        ie
                        1) someone to help with the SAR & letter stages
                        2) someone to help with court docs & AQ
                        3) someone to discuss court procedures and what happens thier

Obviously as a lot of the banks settle before stepping foot in court there will not be that many with experience of this, but usually most people at this stage are confident in posting queries and understanding the responses they will get

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mistie View Post
                          Think you need to check with the people your thinking of putting as buddies as well as they wont want to many, so numbers of newbies per buddy need to be set as well.
                          It would be best if people were to volunteer as buddies, rather than the other way round.

Comment

well i dont mind doing letter stage at all....

Comment

My opinion - we're small at the moment, and people naturally pick up buddies, I know on the dark side if I started with someone on a thread I always tried to keep an eye out and stick with them to the end. I dont think putting specifics on who should be helping who etc is the way to go really. We have a good core of members on here who care and I think between everyone already here and newcomers every newbie should get a warm welcome and a lot of support and advice.

Just keep an eye out if someone seems on their own talk to them, if they're struggling help them, if its deeper then ask someone else you know can help....

maybe in the future but we have mods of each forum and this will expand over time so people will be well looked after.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X