• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Michael Jackson Dies of Heart Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson Dies of Heart Attack

Michael Jackson has died in hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack, website TMZ has reported.

Jackson, 50, suffered a heart attack just after 12.00pm local time (19.00pm GMT) and paramedics were unable to revive him, TMZ.comsaid.
    When paramedics arrived at his house he was not breathing, a fire department captain told the LA Times newspaper.
    Jackson was given CPR by fire department paramedics as he was taken to UCLA Medical Center where he was treated, the LA Times said.
    Steve Hargrave, Sky's entertainment correspondent, said: "TMZ is a website which goes out of its way to get there first but many of their stories over the years have turned out to be true - particularly with stories from LA.
    "You can only imagine the impact of this around the world."
    Jackson's manager was not available for comment and officials at UCLA Medical Center could also not be reached.
    Sky's US correspondent Greg Milam said: "Clearly he was very seriously ill - we can gather that from what his father and other family members said.
    "One member of the family had told the TMZ website that Michael is in "really bad shape" and that the brothers were heading for the hospital.
    "His father said he wasn't sure exactly what was wrong and was waiting to hear back.
    "One can only imagine what it could be like for his family in such circumstances."
    Jackson had been about to embark on a comeback, performing 50 concerts at London's O2 Arena.
    The concerts had been due to start the concerts on July 13.
    He had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the London shows, which sold out within hours of within hours of going on sale in March.
    Hargrave said: "We can't underestimate the effect this will have on Michael Jackson fans who have loved his music and career.
    "They would have been assuming that in about three weeks time their idol would have been back on the stage perfoming his greatest hits. To suddenly find out this news will be devastating.
    Phil Sutcliffe, from Mojo Magazine said: "He had the extraordinary effrontery to call himself the King of Pop, but that's actually what he was, and for a long, long time."

Re: Michael Jackson Dies of Heart Attack

Sad news. I know Michael Jackson's death with send shockwaves in Britain. I was so surprised that he named one of his children after a member of the Royal Family here.
    I daren't say anything else for fear of stoning!

Comment

Michael Jackson Dies After Heart Attack

Searches for Jackson crash Google

The first reports of Michael Jackson's death emerged on a showbiz website sparking a massive surge in online traffic around the globe as millions of people logged on to find out more.

Fans around the world desperate for news about Michael Jackson have crashed Google

It was the American site Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com that broke the news reporting it was "looking bad" for the star.
      The massive level of interest caused the site to temporarily go down but that did not stop the news spreading via blogs and social networking sites.
      So many people wanted to verify early reports of his death that the computers running Google's news section interpreted the "Michael Jackson" requests as an automated attack for about half an hour.
      The BBC News website reported UK traffic was 48% higher than usual at 4am on Friday.
      With the news of his death confirmed, one of the UK's most popular sites, Twitter, was full of reaction.
      Among the people who turned to the site to pay tribute were Hollywood star Demi Moore and Foreign Secretary David Miliband.
      Before long, nine of the 10 most popular topics being discussed were related to the star.
      Fans also logged on the myspace page of his former wife, Lisa Marie Presley, to pay tribute.
      Jackson's songs have already started racing up the iTunes charts in the face of massive demand

Comment

Michael Jackson, King of Pop, dies in hospital aged 50 - Times Online

Bloody hell
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I watched the story unfold last night on Sky News.

For all his foibles, its still very sad, the man was a genius.

Comment

I liked his music, didnt really know what to make of him, i was shocked, its my B'day today got up all excited turned on TV and just thought wow, its very sad because he was young and his poor children left fatherless.

Lumi x
            Luminol x

Comment

Weird, because we went out for a family meal last night and were talking about him, my kids were jealous because I'd seen him perform live. Then we got home and saw it on BBC News 24 at about 11.10pm.

Musical genius, if flawed personality, but what else could be expected after being thrust into the spotlight from such an early age.

I saw him live at Wembley, Bad tour, in 1988 I think it was. He was absolutely superb.
              Last edited by WendyB; 26th June 2009, 09:21:AM. Reason: changed the tour date
              Is no longer here

Comment

Blimey Wends I was there too ! Fantastic concert !

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  I watched the story unfold last night on Sky News.

For all his foibles, its still very sad, the man was a genius.
                  here here!!

R.I.P - at last maybe!!
                  If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

The site that broke the news

Comment

Michael Jackson -- The 911 Call | TMZ.com

TMZ has just received a tape of the Michael Jackson 911 call made yesterday at 12:21 PM from Michael's house in Holmby Hills, Ca.

The person who makes the call says Jackson was not breathing and unconscious. Jackson was not responding to CPR. The caller says the doctor
                      on scene -- Dr. Conrad Murray -- was the only witness -- "The doctor has been the only one here."

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/062609_michael_2.mp3

Comment

Its very sad news, and I see all over the internet there are lots of nasty posts and sick jokes I don't care or want to analyse or be part of his personal life, I just want ot remember the great music which has been reminding me all day of my younger years.

Interesting that everyone who I spoke to today felt more or less the same, and one that really touched me was a 16 year old kid who was really upset about the amount of texts he was getting from his mates with sick jokes and the more he asked them to stop the more they kept sending them, he was very concerned that MJ (or any deceased person) was not getting respect. There is far too mcuh in the media about the badness of the youth today and ofcourse something like this will not be newsworthy, but I was really proud of his stand and attitude.

In total contrast to the above I saw this and felt disgusted by this attitude.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2250696

Oh no.

Another over-rated ageing popstar with a very controversial track record dies following years of abusing his own body.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I am wondering how I am going to meet this month's mortgage, prepare to fight with the DWP, appeal an unfair
                        parking ticket, and the bank has hit for another £44 of charges I can't afford.

Perspective is everything.
                        Fight a Motoring Ticket kit Follow this link to read the review of the "Fight a motoring ticket" kit by Lawpack.
                        Everything you need to challenge your motoring ticket.
                        Most motoring tickets go unchallenged. Most which are challenged are challenged successfully.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X