• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mozilla Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox

DO NOT UPGRADE TO VERSION 23!

I was asked to upgrade Firefox to the new Version 23 today. If you are offered this, for now I would strongly suggest you don't. I've spent all day rectifying the mess it left my computer in.

The internet slowed to a snail's pace and instead of the scroll bar scrolling smoothly, it went in jerks - absolutely horrendous and totally unusable.

A Google shows it already to be a problem with the new version.

I had problems finding version 22 in a downloadable form which wasn't picked up by my anti virus, so have gone back to Version 21.

If you want to know which version you have, go to 'Help' - go down to 'About Firefox' and left click and it tells you.
    Last edited by labman; 9th August 2013, 19:01:PM. Reason: Change Goggle to Google
    Tags: None

Re: Mozilla Firefox

Fortunately I don't use Firefox.:whoo:
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Used to use Firefox, now using Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Comment

Should have said, to get round it today I wasted a lot of time. I thought by uninstalling FFox v23 I'd lose all my Speed Dials etc... However, they're kept slightly differently, and when uninstalling you get the choice of a full uninstall or one for when you intend to reinstall it at a later date again.

If you choose this option, then uninstall v23 and install v22 or earlier, you'll still have all your speed dials in tact.

I set them all up in Chrome as a backup, unaware of this option, and it took ages! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

I'm using v23 running on ubuntu and having no problems at all . Just lucky I guess

Comment

May be because you're on Ubuntu (how do you find it - good / bad bits?) Equally I and quite a few others may have been unlucky, but I took the attitude better to warn people then they can make a decision. I'm glad it's working well for you.

Comment

TBH, I have found Firefox to be a PinTA. I use Google Chrome and, apart from a few minor niggles, I have found it to be okay.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                TBH, I have found Firefox to be a PinTA. I use Google Chrome and, apart from a few minor niggles, I have found it to be okay.
                I thought a PinTA was a bottle of milk, then I discovered Smirnoff!

:faint:
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  I thought a PinTA was a bottle of milk, then I discovered Smirnoff!

:faint:
                  PinTA was something some of us used to use over the radio, on nights, when I was in the police. For those who haven't worked out what it stands for it is Pain in The Arse.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

FF 22: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/re...0/win32/en-GB/

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                      I'm using v23 running on ubuntu and having no problems at all . Just lucky I guess
                      Fine on Linux here as well.

(Actually, seems fine on Windows for me as well.... but there you go)

Comment

Whats Speed Dial in Firefox--Is it another name for "Bookmarks"?

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          Whats Speed Dial in Firefox--Is it another name for "Bookmarks"?
                          Firstly, the issues are all sorted with regards to Firefox now as far as I'm concerned. They've clearly done something and all is working fine.

Turbo - Speed Dial is brilliant. If I want LB I press Ctrl + 2; if I want my banking, Ctrl + 7 etc.... If I want it to open in a new window, I'd press Ctrl, Shift +2 etc.... It works really well, I've been using it for ages.

I think you can have them set out as visible windows to click on as well (like Chrome), but I remember numbers, so I stick with those.

To find it, go to Tools, Add Ons and search for it.

Save you time, it's here (there's loads of other ones though if you search, I've just always used this):

http://speeddial.uworks.net/

Comment

firefox 24---real stuttery--any views labman?

Comment

When you say stuttery, are you talking about, eg, it taking a few seconds before you can use the scroll bar after the web page has loaded etc... ?

If so, yes, definitely stuttery. I've been trying to get to the bottom of it here as I really don't like Chrome.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X