• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin TV, Phone, Broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virgin TV, Phone, Broadband

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
    because they'd the god channels
    Hallelujah! Praise the Lord !

Comment

Mobile contract is excellent - I know it's slightly different from the main subject, but same company. They use EE, and sim only for just £12 per month I get unlimited calls, texts and data on a loyalty deal. Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
        Hi everyone, we are considering switching from Sky to Virgin, has anyone any experience with the Virgin deal, how did it work and was it good for you.

Oh go on then Cloggy, Chaz and Co, in this instance we can allow you're silly remarks as well.
        Who, moi?

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I don't have a telly, or broadband, or narrowband.
          I can't afford a 'puter.
          & as for them adenoid 'phones, don't get me started!
          I do, however, have a pot & a window.
          Just in case Mr Bailiff comes a-calling...............

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Also "back of beyond" Have BT, phone via copper wire had lots of problems with speed when I finally got Wi fi, from advice here got in touch with CEO, almost instant result!
            Got new hub, and speed went from 0.2 to about 2.0!
            Still varies a bit but cannot see us getting fibre optic any time soon.
            TV is Freeview box, but even that needs an inline booster!
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

D'ypu remember last winter when the copper coils at the top of me telegraph pole went tits up and the only time we got BB was to wait till they froze and connected? 5 bloody days of that I suffered..BB available between 8pm-7am depending on the temperature lol

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                because they d the god channels and virgin doesn't (or didn't last time I looked)
                Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Hallelujah! Praise the Lord !

I don't think I can get anything other than Sky where I live, nothing that requires an underground cable. Sky TV has worked well most of the time except some time in May/June when I started losing channels.

I rang Sky and they said it could be the box. I said I had it since 2007, they said it was VERY LIKELY to be the box after all those years, so they sent a new HD box free as long as I agreed to pay an extra £5/month, which I thought was a fair deal compared to the alternative of paying £60 just for a callout, and the engineer was likely to say I needed a new box anyway. Their customer service has always been fairly good and there haven't been many issues in 15 years. No idea how many Freeview channels I'd get where I live, years ago I heard you could cancel your Sky subscription once your contract period was over and keep the box and dish and use it to watch Freeview channels, I went to someone's house in SE London and it seemed to work fine at the time. :noidea:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X