• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin TV, Phone, Broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin TV, Phone, Broadband

Hi everyone, we are considering switching from Sky to Virgin, has anyone any experience with the Virgin deal, how did it work and was it good for you.

Oh go on then Cloggy, Chaz and Co, in this instance we can allow you're silly remarks as well.
    Tags: None

Re: Virgin TV, Phone, Broadband

If the Virgin man can pop your cherry better than the Sky man can send you into orbit,,I'd regain your Virginity ..........seems sensible to me

Comment

It might be Virgin on the ridiculous. (Sorry, Sapphy. I couldn't resist that one.)
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Haw haw haw everyones a comedian msl:

Ok, its done, we have switched and got a far better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
          Ok, its done, we have switched and got a far better deal.
          Oh, good.

I personally believe that Rupert Murdoch is the spawn of Satan.

Comment

I have had virgin for several years and the service is rather like the curate's egg .The broadband works well and is reliable, although they do choke you if you make large downloads. the telephone service strikes me as rather a scam as they charge you for all sorts of things particularly they charge 12p per minute for 0844 0845 0345 and 0300 number claiming that all of these are premium rate numbers . Their technical support is very basic and seems to be operating from India . I cant always understand the accents but that's just old age and encroaching deafness. Thier paid technical support seems to be fairly efficient. Cant comment on their tv service as we use sky for tv .

Comment

Don't you watch the Tele Broad band choices? serious everone has a story about their provider some good some bad

Comment

I have had both, with sky at present they are all good till it goes tits up then they are all totally crap.

Comment

BT Infinity is the best broadband/telephone we have had here and Sky for the TV.
                  As we live in the back of beyond it's much of a muchness but Sky BB here was absolutely awful.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                    Cant comment on their tv service as we use sky for tv .
                    Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                      BT Infinity is the best broadband/telephone we have had here and Sky for the TV.
                      As
                      we live in the back of beyond it's much of a muchness but Sky BB here was absolutely awful.
                      Are you saying you can get BT Infinity (the one that requires a fibre optic line) in "the back of beyond" (presumably a small village or rural area)? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a BT customer but they're not offering such a service where I live, despite not being so 'back of beyond'. :confused2:

Comment

We have BT Infinity here in the office.

Comment

FP,,We were told we would never get fibre optic here too...then Sky started doing it ( but kept it quiet) and BT are all over here now (Virgin still say we will never get it)

We're that far behind technology we still have 5 digit phone numbers..throws computers into frenzies when we try and order anything cos they insist there aren't enough digits.

Comment

my sister A was on Virgin and moved to Sky, she had no tv for 5 months, no phone for 3 months and no broadband for 3 month, they insisted she pay the bill cos she hadnt reported the fault via email, and when she rang from my phone during her holiday they asked why she wasnt ringing from her phone .. uh.. it doesnt work???

They told her the fault was with her handset, until I told her that she had actually unplugged it and had put in an alternative and it still didnt work, and they insisted she was getting a broadband supply to the house, then in the next breath said the whole of tyneside was down and had been for nearly 4 months!!

Personally I wouldnt touch Virgin with a 9 foot pole, particularly when I offered to pay her final bill via my debit card and they said they would take the payment as long as I said the card was in A's name.. even though I had said it wasnt... which my love is credit card fraud.

Comment

because they d the god channels and virgin doesn't (or didn't last time I looked)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X