• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles Book Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beagles Book Club

Well that's not quite the response I expected

I never saw MissFM's original post, but looking back I can see how my post does look a bit like an advert.
    I did umm and aah over posting the Amazon link at first, but then I'd only be saying "you can get a free sample over at a very popular online book shop that sounds like a rainforest" so I might as well include a direct link.

But lets draw a line under it all and get the thread back on topic, so to that end:

Recommending a non-fiction book that the more legal types on this forum might find of interest.

The Juryman's Tale by Trevor Grove.

Written by a journalist who sat on the jury of a very long kidnapping case in the 90's, it has some good personal analysis of the case and juries themselves, arguing the good and bad points.
    It was recommended on twitter by the lawyer who represented the guy in the successful Airport twitter joke appeal, in response to all the news of the first Pryce/Huhne hung jury and the 'silly' questions they asked.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you are interested in courts, juries and so on you might like it.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.

Now THAT is a story! Absolutely fascinating and beautifully written. Ignore the TV version (which is good, the books are amazing)

I think there are maybe 7 in the whole series. I've done the first 5 and I'm waiting for the brilliant Mr Martin to finish the last two now.

I reckon this series will be featuring in future Top 100 lists.....it's that good
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Obviously my first post in here was an attempt at humour-lol

Just started
        The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - but FIL warns me its hard-we'll see

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
        I like to take 2 types of books with me

For my Creative & Artistic side I take

"40 Years of Queen"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8522[/ATTACH]

To maintain my active brain cells for my PPI work

A parts catalogue from 1967 for my first car-Vauxhall HA Viva

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8521[/ATTACH]

featured within here btw

Ms Ellie Interviews Turboman on the Sofa

and also an additional Haynes Workshop Manual

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8523[/ATTACH]

Do you think I should get out more? :behindsofa::behindsofa:

Comment

Turbo, ALL of Dan Browns books are excellent, there's a new one out in May, can't wait.

Comment

​Turbs,,I'm an avid reader but I totally agree with Mrs Turbo,,it's heavy going...I had to admit defeat,I just couldn't get into it.

Comment

FIL thought I might like it as I like codes and maths etc..

Originally posted by Inca View Post
              ​Turbs,,I'm an avid reader but I totally agree with Mrs Turbo,,it's heavy going...I had to admit defeat,I just couldn't get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                Turbo, ALL of Dan Browns books are excellent, there's a new one out in May, can't wait.
                My mum has read all the Dan Browns available and she loved them, but she is retired. I just haven't got the time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X