• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Peter Falk- Columbo dies aged 83

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Falk- Columbo dies aged 83

Peter Falk dead: Columbo star dies aged 83

by Natalie Evans, Daily Mirror 25/06/2011

Peter Falk on set of his television series Columbo (Pic: Getty Images)

COLUMBO star Peter Falk, the legendary shabby-coated cigar-chomping TV detective, has died aged 83.
    The craggy-faced actor passed away peacefully at his Beverly Hills home late on Thursday after a long battle against Alzheimer’s.
    Falk, whose right eye was replaced with a glass one at the age of three because of cancer, was twice nominated for an Oscar – for Murder, Inc. in 1960 and a year later in Pocketful of Miracles.
    Advertisement >>

Sometime afterwards Columbia Studios chief Harry Cohn is said to have rejected him for a part declaring: “For the same money, I can get an actor with two eyes!”
    But it was for his role as Columbo in the 70s that Falk will be best remembered. In the end, sadly, he did not even remember the cult show that made him a household name.
    He won four Emmys and a Golden Globe as the persistent Los Angleles lieutenant whose catchphrase whenever he turned to go was, “Just one more thing...”
    The popular whodunit-style drama has been shown for more than 30 years in 40 countries – with possibly a record number of repeats.
    Mirror film reviewer David Edwards last night described Columbo as “the 20th Century’s most memorable TV detective”.
    And British comedian Steve Furst tweeted: “I hope Peter Falk walked to death’s door and turned round to say, ‘Oh, just one more thing...’ ”
    Falk leaves his actress wife Shera Danese, 61, and daughters Catherine and Jackie, who he adopted with his first wife, Alyce Mayo.
    Tags: None

Re: Peter Falk- Columbo dies aged 83

awful news.....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I loved Columbo, so sad..
      Luminol x

Comment

Hi

I still watch the Columbo episodes, they have stood the test of time well, absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooo. That's gutting.

I seriously adored Columbo. Especially the poison ivy episode, if someone mentions they have an itchy hand I always suspect them of being the murderer. .

Bugger.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X