• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wedding Music and Readings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Music and Readings

As most of you know I am due to get married on 18th June, it was going to be a church ceremony, then a 'do' in a hall, but due to shortages of decent venues nearby, there's been a change, so now we are getting married at a local country club, we're having a Civil Ceremony, a nice meal with close family and friends and after that a party in the evening. Its all taking place at the one venue so logistical problems either.
    We are now at the stage of picking music and readings, so I am wondering what did you all have ? i.e: Church or Civil, what music did you have to walk in, sign the register and walking out, and of course did you have a nice reading or two.

Thanks for your help peeps, all contributions gratefully accepted.
    Tags: None

Re: Wedding Music and Readings

I think Frédéric Chopin - Marche Funèbre is always appropriate for a wedding.

I had Who put the colours in the rainbow?, O Jesus I have promised, and Jerusalem, but thats not of much assistance I know, so looked this up for you on Most popular music - The Wedding Music Company

For the entrance of the bride: 1. The Prince of Denmark's March () by J Clarke 2. Wedding March from 'Lohengrin' () by R Wagner 3. If ye love me () by T Tallis 4. Gloria in excelsis Deo () by A Vivaldi 5. Eternal source of light divine () by GF Handel 6. Trumpet Tune in D () by H Purcell Hymns: 1. Praise, my soul, the King of heaven | listen () 2. Jerusalem 3. Dear Lord and father of mankind | listen () 4. Love divine, all loves excelling | listen () 5. Lord of all hopefulness 6. Guide me, O thou great Redeemer Readings: 1. 1 Corinthians 13 2. On Marriage, from The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran 3. Song of Solomon 2, vv 10-13 - scroll to Chapter 2 4. Colossians 3, vv 12-17 - scroll to Chapter 3 5. Sonnet 116 (Let me not to the marriage of true minds) 6. John 15, vv 9-17 - scroll to Chapter 15 During the signing of the register: 1. Ave Maria () by F Schubert 2. Laudate Dominum () by WA Mozart 3. Jesu, joy of man's desiring () by JS Bach 4. Ave verum corpus () by WA Mozart 5. Cantique de Jean Racine () by G Fauré 6. Dome épais () by L Delibes Recessional: 1. Toccata from Symphony No. 5 () by CM Widor 2. Hallelujah Chorus () by GF Handel 3. Wedding March () by F Mendelssohn 4. La Rejouissance (Royal Fireworks) () by GF Handel 5. Prelude to Te Deum () by MA Charpentier 6. Arrival of the Queen of Sheba () by GF Handel

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      We are now at the stage of picking music and readings, so I am wondering what did you all have ?
      Sapphy---I can hardly rememember what day it is now -- rather than events in 1966!!

Apart from Bobby Moore won the World Cup then!!!

Comment

Bloody hell Bobby Moore did not win the friggin World Cup, nor did sodding West Ham ffs, believe me I live with an ardent West Ham fan who delights in boring me to tears with stories about the aforesaid grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

You have the songs that are important to you and Les, ones that remind you of a certain time or event that you both will never forget, simples.
          As for the readings depends who is doing the reading.

Comment

I had a civil ceremony in a lovely old town hall, had the middle part of Clapton's Leyla (the keyboard solo) playing as I walked in, then Enya's "May it Be" from Lord of The Rings. Aging hippy with a tinge of Goth wedding :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

I had a church wedding as I loved the building.

Music wise I had really wanted 'Highway to Hell' as we both loved AC/DC but being in a church the warden was not too happy. I can't actually remember what music we had in the church. Our first dance was to Pat Benetar's "We belong" though.

Comment

Sapph,

I don't know whether or not you know that I do alot of music, and for nearly 9 years was organist / choirmaster of my local church. I still run an ever expanding local choir in Wales.

As you can imagine I've played for literally hundreds of weddings with a massive range of music. If you want to chat about it, pm me and I'll send you my phone number.

If you need an organist rather than CD's or are struggling to find live music, let me know. I have loads of contacts!

Best to have at least a vague idea of whether you want traditional, modern, a mix etc.... before you talk to someone seriously about it.

Caspar

Comment

Thanks for that Casper, no need to worry hun, I was being nosey partially and just getting ideas.
                  Your a star for offerring though.

Thank you

Comment

In which case here's our very traditional wedding service:

Entrance of the Bride The Prince of Denmark's March (Trumpet Voluntary) played live on trumpet and organ.

O Worship the King + descant on two verses

Guide Me oh thou Great Redeemer (Cwm Rhondda) - inevitable!

The King of Love My Shepherd Is (Verse 1 solo by our daughter, descant final verse)

Lead Us Heavenly Father, Lead Us

Signing of the Register Lead Me Lord (Wesley)

The Lord's Prayer composed by myself

Exit Trumpet Voluntary (Stanley) played live

Vicar My local vicar where I was choirmaster and organist

Talk by a great friend of mine - she's from Barbados and is a Methodist Deaconess

followed by reception at a very posh hotel in Clevedon, looking across the sea to South Wales.

It was a really perfect day ....... just the seven years since!

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      Bloody hell Bobby Moore did not win the friggin World Cup, nor did sodding West Ham ffs, believe me I live with an ardent West Ham fan who delights in boring me to tears with stories about the aforesaid grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                      Can't help you on the wedding bit but I can make your blood boil.
                      Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters were West Ham boys so West Ham did win the world cup. Thank God Tottenham played a part(Jimmy Greaves injury meant Geoff Hurst go into the team)
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

we had a church in wales wedding in medieval dress can't remember all of the details and can't find the order of service at the moment . I do know we had be though my vision , and my brotther in law sang when we to signthe register.
                        A custom from my own background is the wedding scroll these have no validity in law but can be obtained from Friends house in london. You get everyone there to sign the scroll both as witnesses and as a memory. As far as I am concerned God does the marrying and we are only there to witness.

Remeber your going away clothes we forgot ours and woke up n the morning withjust the clothes we had worn at the ceremony . OOPs OH still says its my fault i blame best man and bridesmaids .

Still congrats on wedding may you have many many happy years and more blessings than you can give thanks for .

May you live all your days in the spirit and end them in due time and in peace AMEN

Comment

I had a Church wedding, had Praise My Soul The King of Heaven, O Jesus I have Promised (the modern-ish version) and O Little Town of Bethlehem (well it was Christmas Eve!)

As for readings, when our friends renewed their vows for their 25th anniversary, I did the reading, which was from Corinthians 13.4. I've pasted it below,

Love is patient and kind;
                          it is not jealous or conceited or proud;
                          love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;
                          love does not keep a record of wrongs;
                          love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.
                          Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Meanwhile, these three remain, faith, hope and love
                          and of these, the greatest is love
                          Last edited by WendyB; 26th January 2011, 16:17:PM. Reason: found the version I read.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Wendy - I was trying to remember the reading we had - that's the one! a beautiful reading. My dad read it in our wedding. He's a retired vicar, felt taking the service would be too emotional, but we wanted him to do something.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X