• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Maybe just a rumour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maybe just a rumour?

The Lamp Post was a very wise choice for this thread.

Comment

ok, I have a new rumour from my source Nont Scents. Each bank has told someone who may seem important to post on the main forum leaving a gap of a few days. They have been given top secret information(do not admit that charges are unlawful as there is the test case). I have uncovered this plot recently and post it here cos I know you guys do not gossip much. The other minor rumour was that banks were lowering their charges from November 1st.
      I have heard the new banking code due out on April 1st 2008 will have the maximum charge allowed to be £12.00. {this information was told to me by a friend who knows a friend who works for a baker who's customer knows a bloke who cleans a bank who said to him about this. Exc can you find out if these rumours are true?)

Comment

So......whichever Bank it was supposed to be, have they caved in.........and do we all get cheques in the post Monday morning?
        Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
        Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
        HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Short answer a big fat NO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Okidoki,
            This is my understanding of this, could someone please put right the wrong bits and fill in any missing bits as plain as poss. Thank you.

These instructions are to be followed and all info provided to the OFT.

1. By the 1st August all the magic circle members (the banks that are going to the test case) must provide all relevent T&C's and price lists, plus any amendments made to these.

2. By 31st August the magic circle must supply their POC's, now I know what it stands for lol. I don't know what it means as far as the banks are concerned though.

3. By 28th Sept magic circle to file defence and counterclaims. This is the bit where Lloyds are supposedly coming unstuck I think.

So if this is the way it is, how do we know if these is instructions have been followed. We all have seen how they have flouted the law on many occasions while making our claims.

All these things are to be done and then the OFT will reply by 26th October, to serve defence and countercliam.

ok is this how it is? and if not please feel free to put it right Enaid xx
            Just for you Nelly
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

ha ha so their defence and counterclaims should all be in now, so how do we know if they are and if we don't know how do we find out?

Comment

I spoke with the OFT on Friday. The defence and countercaim have definately
                been served and the OFT legal department are hoping to give the ok to post
                them up on the OFT site in the next few days.

Comment

Thanks for that EXC, doubt if I will understand them myself when they are posted lol, but I know some people who will Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X