• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - My car doesnt love me anymore!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - My car doesnt love me anymore!!!!

Went to use the car this morning and it wont work!

It passed an MOT about 5 weeks ago...so I know its all OK.

I put the key in..it starts then a flashy thing comes up saying car immobilised and the car turns itself off ...WTF?!

Help anyone?
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: Help - My car doesnt love me anymore!!!!

do you have a spare key? if so try that one.

Some immobiliser systems work when a transponder (or something?) in the key is placed near the receiver (the ignition switch). maybe the keys wonky?

Comment

No spare key

Working on what you have said, the outsides of the key..the plastic coat bit was replaced the other day and this is the first time since then that Ive used it, maybe the transponder widget thing lived in the plastic???? OHHHHHHHHH new car keys are bloody expensive.

Didnt even know my car had an immobiliser
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      FFS just called VW £187 for a new bloody key thats me not coming to Brum now
      Last edited by Mochamoo; 18th May 2009, 09:17:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

maybe you could have the immobiliser immobilised? might be cheaper

Comment

Asking Tools on phone - he says what car is it? year/make/ model

Why did you have the plastic bit replaced - who replaced it, and wheres the original bitty.

VW keys you can sometimes take out the chip/transponder unit and put it back into the key with a pin....if you have the original bit of plastic on your key fob it could work by remote? lol I have no idea what I am talking about btw this is Tools....

If you dont have the original key with transponder then yep ur stuck with £187 from VW.
          Last edited by Amethyst; 18th May 2009, 09:33:AM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Asking Tools on phone - he says what car is it? year/make/ model errr GOLF TDI year errr ??? its a 52 plate I think

Why did you have the plastic bit replaced - who replaced it, and wheres the original bitty. L did it whilst I was away... the outside plastic on the key was cracked and really mucky so in his infinite car wisdom decided it would be better as a new one, he did his car keys with no problem (It was just my car he broke )

VW keys you can sometimes take out the chip/transponder unit and put it back into the key with a pin....if you have the original bit of plastic on your key fob it could work by remote? lol I have no idea what I am talking about btw this is Tools.... thanks guys xxxx

If you dont have the original key with transponder then yep ur stuck with £187 from VW.
            will go stick my head in the bin in the garage and see if I can find the original bits....
            really peed off was meant to go see my grandparents today and now I cant and it will cost me a fortune just cause he couldnt resist fiddling.

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Have a REALLY good look - Tools says as long as he hasnt broken the transponder - its a little glass tube with a wirey thing round it.....poked in the key - don't try and get it out, just try find the plasticy bit - if its in bits and the transponders missing you're buggered - or try find it but its mega tiny about half a matchstick size... oh and if you find the plastic can you send Tools a piccie or put it on here/.///////
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Stupid question - but have you asked L what he's done with the bits he thought were surplus to requirements?
                Is no longer here

Comment

FFS Still looking

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                  Stupid question - but have you asked L what he's done with the bits he thought were surplus to requirements?

Yep, he doesnt bloody remember:yell: I am trying really hard not to get mad at him cause he was trying to do a nice thing but I could happily strangle him right now.

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Still can not find it. He is not going to bed tonight untill he finds it. If he can't find it he can sleep in the car.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

FOUND IT!!!!

Little bit of plastic with a shiny bit inside ...same size as Tools described (via Ame )

Took a bit of the new plastic off put the old section back on and voila my car works again Key looks really dodgy now shiney and new on one side scuffed and dull on the other

YAY!!!!!!!

Thank Stevo I wouldnt have known it was the key without you! Thank You Tools for telling me what I needed to know and for Ame for translating and typing

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Well done honey...bills in post luv Tools xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X