• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Google street level map: The dumbass has arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google street level map: The dumbass has arrived

Well, I thought I would have a sneaky peek at what all the hype was about. So, RBS hardship claims office(lovely little tour of the road), Manchester city centre(RBS HR) lovely. The front of my house........WHERE IS MY FRIGGIN CAR??? I thought it had been nicked. Now being a complete wally, I assumed it was live so rushing downstairs thinking, please don't take my car, I looked out, and finally saw that I am a complete DUMBASS and the car is there. Phew!

Re: Google street level map: The dumbass has arrived

YOU DRIVE ?????????????????????????

Comment

terrifying thought isnt it nelly :car::faint2:
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It may not last for much longer.

A Google mapping car with video and photography equipment mounted on top

Privacy International has lodged the complaint with the Information Commissioner over claims that a number of people are identifiable through the Street View service.
        The application allows users to access 360-degree views of roads and homes in 25 British towns and cities and includes photographs of millions of residential addresses, people and cars.
        Sophisticated technology has been developed automatically to obscure the faces of people featured in Street View photographs, and car registration plates have been blurred, but this has failed to quieten critics, with many labelling the maps voyeuristic and intrusive.
        Scores of pictures, including one of a man exiting a Soho sex shop and another of a man being sick on the pavement outside a pub in Shoreditch, were removed from Street View on Friday, a day after its fanfare launch in the UK.
        But the service has proved a hit with intrigued British internet users.
        Google Maps UK received one in every 250 UK internet visits on Friday, with onsite traffic rising by 41%, web monitoring firm Hitwise claimed.
        The firm added that US Google Maps posted an 84% increase in visits as British web users began checking out places in America.
        The Information Commissioner's Officer (ICO) confirmed they had received a complaint from Privacy International.
        A spokesman said it was Google's responsibility to make sure all vehicle registration marks and faces were satisfactorily blurred

Comment

I think its great, I got some great road layout pics for my insurance claim.
          I thought google earth was good for these, but this gives you a drivers eye view of the road (be it from the top deck of a bus angle).

I'm just waiting for people to find the bizarre images like they did for google earth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X