• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Genuinely in Hardship or Just Skint? - Discuss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genuinely in Hardship or Just Skint? - Discuss

That is a very well written and honest post Strugglingmum. You've done brilliantly well.

xx

Comment

I agree. Well done.

Comment

Yes, it is Amy. SM deserves a medal, and she is really at the heart of my original post. I never told anyone this before, but about 10 years ago, when we nearly got repossessed, i once had to walk the three miles to work because I had no money for fuel or busfare..... Even a couple of years ago I walked the two miles and back to Asda cos the stuff was cheaper there than the corner shop and I had no fuel in my car.

SM and others in the same position are real, genuine, hardship cases. People who are "skint", like me for example, may well be hard up at the moment, but I personally feel that there are much more deserving cases than me, who should be getting hardship, and we should be encouraging them, rather than everyone being encouraged to do it "because they can" which could ultimately lead to building their hopes up then a big disappointment when they get turned down.

Just my opinion. Sorry if it doesn't agree with everyone else but you can't please all the people all the time,
        Last edited by WendyB; 20th March 2009, 09:19:AM. Reason: scared of the spelling police lol!!!
        Is no longer here

Comment

I am not in disagreement with your post in any way shape or form.

I just think that if you meet some of the criteria you should try.

Comment

I believe the same Tanzarelli, because at the heart of it all the money the banks have taken belongs in 'our' pockets and not lining the pockets of the *cough* ones taking early retirement :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
            Thankyou all for your comments on my post, it was written without edit or particularily much thought, it was just pure honesty. The reason I'm sticking around is to try and give as much insight into my case to help others, if someone can take something from my case and get their payment sorted now then all the better, that's what I want, I really have been following this for so many years and resent so much what the big institutions do to us, I'm a fighter, I refuse to roll over and I hope, struggling as I may that one day my kids if nothing else learn to have true respect for hard work and commitment. xxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by strugglingmum View Post
              I'm a fighter, I refuse to roll over and I hope, struggling as I may that one day my kids if nothing else learn to have true respect for hard work and commitment. xxxxx

I couldn't have put it better myself!!!!:biggrin1:

There's loads I could say about that but this is not the place to do it lol. Maybe I should start a thread on that too.......
              Is no longer here

Comment

Figures quoted by Channel 4 state since the waiver first was introduced in July 07 there have been 97000 odd claims of hardship for charges claims, and 24000 odd accepted. Now I have my theories on the figures but have asked the FSA to add a bit into my current FOI request for the figures since July 2008 when the hardship exemption was futher clarified. I think that may have had the effect of stopping all and sundry trying hardship to get round the waiver and encouraged people who are actually in hardship to apply, so hopefully since July 08 the figures have closed together a little. We shall see.

I think the report was pretty poor to be honest and could have been a lot lot better and helped people rather than being sensationalist.

JMO anyway.
                Last edited by Amethyst; 20th March 2009, 17:42:PM.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As far as I am concerned the FSA were subject to considerable pressure before they even considered making the conditions of the waiver more understandable by both the customers and the banks, who then had plenty of time to get systems in place to deal with hardship/ financial difficulty claims. I think if a person thinks they may fall within the criteria they should claim, especially if their property is at risk.I that scenario every avenue should be pursued to reclaim the charges even involving the media if necessary. Just look at Jesters and Dougals case as examples of how the banks can drag out the claims if they wish to flex their muscles. As far as I am concerned I am not the person to judge whether someone is in financial hardship, as in todays climate I may be that person tomorrow.

However if i was pushed to comment I feel that if you are managing to pay your basic bills , have a roof over your head , feed yourself and your situation is not deteriorating day by day then even if you have had over £500 charges then possibly that aspect should be combined with another of the criteria to indicate you have a good case.

It seems a long time ago that EXC and I were having this conversation OTR about how the waiver terms were very ambiguous and not at all helpful to the customer - so in theory things have improved. But when it comes down to the line the waiver terms are only guidelines and we must therefore do our best to highlight the really genuine cases out there, where the refund of the charges would be a genuine lifeline or breathing space to get back on track. With other claimants we can at least point them in the right direction.

IMO
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X