• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

perverting the course of justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perverting the course of justice

I have looked online and legislation.gov and can not find an actual act for this! (something like a missprovision act)

Wikipida tells me its common law. Again an internet search tells me nothing from magna carta

It seams to be a serius crime out there on the internet, so there must be more to it then just hear say. Any indications please?
    Tags: None

Common law is not "just hearsay".

Here is the CPS guidance for prosecutors: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...e%20are%20done.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It is a common law offence. There is not statute (including Magna Carta) making provision. The maximum sentence for perverting the course of justice can be life imprisonment.
      You contrast it with hear say. Hear say is (was) a rule of evidence and has no connection.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        Common law is not "just hearsay".
        So what is it?

Here is the CPS guidance for prosecutors: https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...e%20are%20done.
        Interesting link! though it dose say Perverting the Course of Justice

The offence of Perverting the Course of Justice is committed when an accused:

So what is the offence where is it in the law books may I ask?

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
          It is a common law offence. There is not statute (including Magna Carta) making provision.
          so what is common law?

The maximum sentence for perverting the course of justice can be life imprisonment.
          where do you get this from though

You contrast it with hear say. Hear say is (was) a rule of evidence and has no connection.
          I though hear say was a presumption and nothing more

Comment

Common Law is part of the law of England and Wales.

Read what the CPS guidance for prosecutors says. You won't get a clearer explanation. If you want a book, go to a law library and ask for Archbold.

And what you though[t] is wrong.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Common Law is part of the law of England and Wales.

Read what the CPS guidance for prosecutors says. You won't get a clearer explanation. If you want a book, go to a law library and ask for Archbold.

And what you though[t] is wrong.
              But to bough those points. C.L. and P.T.C.O.J. There must be something in writing for bough to make it more then just hear say of a presumption

When a police officer arrests someone or when a court convicts someone they read out the offence of a statute. I understand that common law has no statues as it was in place prior to parliment. But what about PTCOJ, how can one be charged for this?

Comment

Read the CPS document!

Comment

Read the CPS document!
                  I have had another look at your link and for what as far as I can see in the term "offences are concerned". The best I could see from the list is "General Charging Practice

Comment

It has been clealy set out for you. Common law exists independently of statute law, and the few offences left at common law are punishable as said.

Comment

No it has not been set out in writing; infact bough of them!

Comment

Sorry, but you can stamp your feet, but common law is that section of historic law which existed outside and independent of statute law.

Comment

Sorry, but you can stamp your feet, but common law is that section of historic law which existed outside and independent of statute law.
                          Would you like to provide something in writing to prove this?

Comment

To help you, I have used my search engine. It has come up with numerous things to read, including this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

Comment

To help you, I have used my search engine. It has come up with numerous things to read, including this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?
                              Hah!
                              I read from the link about "Common law courts" This is talked about a lot by the freeman of the land/ take our freedoms back/ anti vaz groups

But the link dose say "The term "common law", referring to the body of law made by the judiciary,"
                              So the law is set by a common law court and not an act of parliment or magna carta singed of by the King. Is this right?

The reason I started this thread because I was given a primarlary hearing in the magistrates court for an appeal against a goverment body. The primarlary hearing was to decide when I would get my hear which was decided by them to be 6 months time!

It is with complete prejudice that if someone is arrested for a Mr Meaner by Bent Copper and unlawfully inprisoned overnight and brough to court the following morning to stand justice that my justice is delayed

It is more then prejudice by delaying my justice, infact magna carta clause 40 states "We will not sell, or deny, or delay right or justice to anyone". delay the right of justice to anyone. So that is what they have done? Can I hold the judge accountable for this?

And finally it is more then delaying justice, I make the presumption that it is common ground to assume that delaying justice is perverting the course of justice. Infact I read somewhere in that link you provided, somewhere that it is and dose state that delaying justice is a form of perverting the course of justice. Can I get them on this one two?

Or are you going to tell me now after that not to bother because they are allways right and I am allways wrong, argument/ debate delieted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyvxt1svxso

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X