• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thank you Sainsbury's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Sainsbury's

I have noticed lately that Sainsbury's have halved the price on some of their products rather than the 'buy one get one free' so many places do.
    I hate BOGOF, living on my own I usually don't need two of something, so rather than buy and throw away the freebee I don't buy!

Why so many stores insist on BOGOF I don't know. There are more single people than ever and money is tight so half price is so much better. If I need two then I will buy two.

So, thank you Sainsbury's, listening to the consumer rather than looking how to bump sales falsely
    Sally xx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: Thank you Sainsbury's

they pander to the masses, they seem to think that everyone is coupled up...that is not the case!!!

Comment

I suppose you could always put the freebie in the freezer. Although not sure how long it takes to defrost a 6-pack of toilet rolls lol.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Give the freebie to someone like the Sally Army or use it in your shelter. Sally army always need stuff for the food parcels they give out to peeps when they are in the poop.

I do agree though, quite a few times I've bought something to be told its a BOGOFF and i really dont want two clogging up the cupboard lol, hlaf price is much better. It also annoys me when things have been on bogoff are then reduced cause of sell by dates etc and are reduced to more than half price.

Boots fdo it in their january sales actually, the have their buy two get on free thing before christmas, then after have all the same stuff individually marked down by pretty much the same as they would have been in but two get one free. Which i think is a con. lol.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I hate all the buy one get one free and buy two the third is free. I don't want extra, I want cheaper!!
          Agree about Boots, a third off after xmas is not cheaper than buy two, the third free. If I only need two things I don't buy them as the third is redundant. I go somewhere else and get them cheaper - usually Wilkinsons. Although I believe Boots is doing 75% off at the moment!
          I would rather 25% off something I need than a free something I don't.

No freezer Wendy.

Yes Ame, the service users gain from when I get the extra lol Plus all the clothes I appear to be addicted to buying and wearing once or twice!! lol No wonder I'm skint

Sally xx
          P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
          life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
          Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

If a shop is prepared to offer buy one get one free products, it has grossly inflated the original price to a sum that it was never necessary to charge.

Who loses out on multiple deal buys such as 3 for 2 ? Usually the poorest, those who are unlikely to even be able to afford the second copy, and may not have a freezer in which to store such wonderful offerings.

How stupid are some supermarket advertising executives ?

Last summer, Tesco's "Inflation Busting" fuel deal offered little more than contempt for the general public as I saw it. Spend £50 in store and get 5p off every litre of fuel ?

If you can afford to spend £50 in one hit in store, then you're highly unlikely to be worried about 5p off every litre of fuel, are you ?

In order to make it worthwhile, you'd have to buy a lot of fuel wouldn't you, but remember, as Tesco's were aware, "inflation" or the general cost of living as was hinted, was a problem, and you've just spent the money in store that could have funded filling your tank (or car).

Can anyone doubt that Tesco's could have comfortably reduced their fuel by 5p a litre without a minimum spend of £50 in store being required ? Given the cost of the specially made and dated posters for this offer and the labour costs of erecting and removing such, the answer I would suggest, is yes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X