• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'Global warming' Just another tax.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
    PMSL I quite like the idea of going back into a cave... no bills to pay and less complicated life!
    Just for you then...Cave For Sale: Rush For Fred Flinstone Home |Sky News|UK News

Comment

Another thing to add to this debate. The government and so called celebreties are saying reduce your carbon footprint. What are they on? I am lucky to get one holiday a year, they swan off around the world in private jets and gas guzzlers. Whilst we foot their bill in the form of taxation. As a parent I have learnt to 'lead by example', if governments were to use the same policy rather than their 'do as I say not as I do' policies we might be persuaded to do our bit.
      I do recycle, only to see the council put all I have sorted into the same wagon.
      I don't drive or use public transport.
      I have energy saving light bulbs.
      All kitchen waste goes into the composter.

My shout is c'mon you lazy ministers, stop lining your own pockets and get on with the job you are paid to do. That is running the country, protecting its inhabitants, making sure the most vunerable in our society are cared for and stop trying to run the world. This spinning globe was here long before we arrived and will still be spinning long after we leave.

Best wishes,
      Hod...Liam..
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Koenigsegg View Post
        Yeah, me too! hit a woman over the head with a club, drag her back to ya cave and completely drill her socks off pmsl
        Ken this is a serious debate :rolleyes: thing is though I know you're serious pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by Koenigsegg View Post
          Yeah, me too! hit a woman over the head with a club, drag her back to ya cave and completely drill her socks off pmsl
          This is standard practice where Enaid Lives
          Just a normal Saturday night

LOL

Comment

must admit I watched the global warming swindle when it was first aired....very interesting... certainly opened my eye's.

yes my house is insulated, yes I have energey effcient appliences, yes I also have energy effcient light bulbs etc. I dry my clothes on the line...when I can... rather then use the tuble drier........ why do I do these things..... to save me money!! not because I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint. You don't have to believe the swindle program....the evidence is there for you to take a look yourself!!

riseing CO levels are a direct result of global warming...... NOT the cause....FACT.
            in this country Margret Thatcher was the first to support this burning fossil fuel creates global warming!....why? because she wanted to go with nuclear power... More proffitable for goverment......FACT
            why have the worlds super powers taken such an interest in global warming........ to stop the development of third world countries.....why....so our goverments can controll their rescources......FACT
            and yeah, they can get away with raising taxes without us creating merry hell over it....and all the time believing the goverment is looking after us by protecting the planet!!!!

ok my rant over

Comment

Have recycled for years - mainly because the binmen won't empty if it's over-flowing.
              I drive because the buses here don't run to the same time table as the the ones up at the bus stops (if they turn up at all)
              Turn things off when not being used etc.

I do remember in the 70's it snowing in June and all the talk was about the Iceage returning!!!

I do believe that all this global warming stuff is a way to keep the third world from developing.
              How does paying more for things via tax protect the planet?
              All it will mean is some people will go without and others will commit more crime to pay for things.

The government yet again instilling fear into people!
              Makes me sick!

Sally x
              P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
              life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
              Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Global warming - my stance on it? What will happen will happen, and there ain't much anyone can do to stop it or change it. The world has been evolving for billions of years and has seen many climate extremes as a result. I think we have a duty to help reduce the landfill problem, which can be easily done by recycling as much as possible...which I do, only for the bin men to ignore my recyling bins. Better still, if they DO take the paper bin, the next four streets know what I've thrown away, as the bin-men take no care in paper getting strewn everywhere, thus making more mess than we started with.

Oh and glass? My glass recycling bin is full to the brim, as it has been, uncollected, for the past five years.
                Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

Don't even talk to me about them energy saving lightbulbs, biggest waste of space I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

Powergen sent me some when I signed up with them, put one in the light between the kitchen/backdoor/downstairs loo, and it hadn't even come pn properly by the time I had finished in the loo. and when it did warm up... well I get more light from a bloomin candle.

Added to that, they look stooopid in all my light fittings.

Comment

FWIW

Climate change? - probably, but then again it always has and does change, before mans arrival and probably when we have gone.

Do i think peeing in my own bath is a sensible idea? Only if you get to change the water. Metaphorically we don't have any water to change and therefore i think we should stop the peeing!

As for proof that mans emissions are the cause, very much unconvinced.

The software used to predict global changes is similar to the software used to predict the weather and similar to software my company uses to predict the movement of heat, hot air in buildings.

We cannot predict the behaviour of the weather with any great degree of accuracy more than a day or two ahead of time, and many would argue that the predictions we make are only good for generalities, even over the short time frames we can predict the weather behaviour.

The originator of one of these bits of software thought that with advances in computing power we would get better answers, he recently wrote that this has not been the case, all we can do now is model more complex problems with the same degrees of uncertainty.

Personally it seems stupid to waste our resources simply because we cant be arsed to save them, it seems a common sense thing to do.

JMHO

Glenn
                    Last edited by Glenn UK; 16th July 2007, 16:22:PM.

Comment

dont get me wrong I'm not saying we should'nt bother to recycle.
                      I believe in those things whole heartedly, we are filling too many landfill sites, cutting down too many trees, and yes if there is a cleaner more efficient way to produce energy then burning fossil fules... I'm all for it.

what I do object to is being lied to by goverments feeding us this utter bulls**t that we are directly responsible for climate change, and simply accept higher taxes and let our goverments get away with stunting the growth of third world countries..... because god forbid they should ever get away with controlling their own rescources.......... let's face it, what rescources do "we" really have. The great British Empire has crashed, we are no longer one the elite world super powers. look at the growth of china for example.... the next rise will be India.... allready well on it's way. who's next? Africa?? There is change coming........ and I'm not talking climate either. This is the real change that the allready developed countries are scared of.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X