• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old cases with Howlett Clarke

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old cases with Howlett Clarke

I was recently contacted by an old client who had a litigation file with Howlett Clarke Solicitors. They had been trying to get hold of their file but without success, they had spoken to the SRA so im told who werent that helpful, they had tried to get hold of the administrators but without success, […]

Read More on Paul's blog...
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.
    Tags: None

Are you not concerned that private communications that you have had with clients while you were at Howlett Clarke are now in the hands of first credit?
    If I was an ex client I would be.

Comment

If that were the case Lester Aldridge would be in some serious trouble. It isn't the case - LA happen to have a few lenders / debt co's as clients ( along with many other clients private and commercial ) - and that in no way means those clients would have access to any other client files at all.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would imagine that the ICO would have a field day if privileged info leaked.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The trouble is that the SRA had to intervene to protect customers, so as a result the SRA appoint a firm as their agent. I would be surprised if the files were dealt with in any way other than totally professional, and in any event that isnt something i can comment on or get involved with.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with unregulated bridging lenders
            how this market operates with zero assessment of ability to repay, vast sums and seemingly writing business knowing that it will not work

amicus finance and the like seem to have no regard for driving people to mental health issues nor fca brokers who introduce

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelj View Post
              Does anyone have any experience with dealing with unregulated bridging lenders
              how this market operates with zero assessment of ability to repay, vast sums and seemingly writing business knowing that it will not work

amicus finance and the like seem to have no regard for driving people to mental health issues nor fca brokers who introduce
              Hi
              I'll give a couple of nudges

Amethyst

pt2537
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                The trouble is that the SRA had to intervene to protect customers, so as a result the SRA appoint a firm as their agent. I would be surprised if the files were dealt with in any way other than totally professional, and in any event that isnt something i can comment on or get involved with.
                Thats because your totally involved. When you left HC I trusted you to carry on my case obviously that trust was misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by veryannoyed View Post

Thats because your totally involved. When you left HC I trusted you to carry on my case obviously that trust was misplaced.
                  I dont understand what you mean?

Comment

I dont understand what you mean?
                    Precisely

Comment

Precisely
                      precisely what? I have no idea who you are, so how am i expected to comment?

Comment

precisely what? I have no idea who you are, so how am i expected to comment?
                        Precisely as an ex HC client I misplaced my trust in you to carry my files which you had worked on to your new firm Wannops. Unfortunately that has not happened as one file was immediately delegated to another Wannops solicitor who was totally hopeless resulting in other solicitors having to be appointed at short notice. The ongoing Land Registry court case ends in a shambles due to Counsel not being briefed the original files still not being transferred from HC and now having to go direct to the HC administrator to try and find them. So yes not a very happy bunny after expending thousands of pounds with no real results despite clear cases of fraud.

Comment

Prey May it not be Prudent to outline the procedure//Requirements that are in place when a Solicitor or similar who has been assigned cases leaves a Practice??? the response one procedure would cover all -! as names not required "BUT" factual requirements forthwith???

as far as the peep is concerned if they have not received service on transfer of cases internally there is a solicitors complaints procedure ( if your face fits = that is) i.e. solicitors complaints tribunal etc??? they tend to pass the buck like many regulator>>

Comment

Precisely as an ex HC client I misplaced my trust in you to carry my files which you had worked on to your new firm Wannops. Unfortunately that has not happened as one file was immediately delegated to another Wannops solicitor who was totally hopeless resulting in other solicitors having to be appointed at short notice. The ongoing Land Registry court case ends in a shambles due to Counsel not being briefed the original files still not being transferred from HC and now having to go direct to the HC administrator to try and find them. So yes not a very happy bunny after expending thousands of pounds with no real results despite clear cases of fraud.
                            I have an idea i know which matter you are talking about.

First, i am not going to engage in open air dispute resolution, it is not the right way forward. Second, let me remind you that re the Appeal, you informed that you had retained counsel under a direct access scheme, thus any failure to brief counsel doesnt fall at my door. Third, your files were sent to the solicitors you nominated, so i fail to understand the reason why you are struggling to get your files, the solicitors have them all.

Maybe its worth re reading a letter dated 30th November? May provide some more clarity, in the mean time your comments above are factually wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                              Prey May it not be Prudent to outline the procedure//Requirements that are in place when a Solicitor or similar who has been assigned cases leaves a Practice??? the response one procedure would cover all -! as names not required "BUT" factual requirements forthwith???

as far as the peep is concerned if they have not received service on transfer of cases internally there is a solicitors complaints procedure ( if your face fits = that is) i.e. solicitors complaints tribunal etc??? they tend to pass the buck like many regulator>>
                              A client is free to move their file where ever they wish. When a lawyer moves practice they will generally will have covenants in their contract which will stop them from competing with the previous firm. The client can choose if he wants to move his case, or remain with the previous practice.

If the client chooses to move firm then the new practice will send out their client care letters, and the client will need to agree the new terms, if terms arent agreed then the practice isnt instructed and the client is free to go elsewhere. There is no requirement for any law firm to accept instructions, it is not mandatory.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X