• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Witness statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witness statement

I've had a pre trial meeting with the judge and been asked to put together a narrative witness statement I had already made notes all along and am now putting it together. Should I include all correspondence with the person I'm taking to court ?? If so should I type out the text messages we exchanged or include a photo of each? Or just the reasons I have brought it to court?? And any other advice will be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Witness statement

You should include a photo of each as exhibits and reference them in your witness statement text as Exhibit A, Exhibit B etc

There's some examples of witness statements in the library http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ness-Statement which might give you an idea of wording etc.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by 13skulls View Post
      I've had a pre trial meeting with the judge and been asked to put together a narrative witness statement I had already made notes all along and am now putting it together. Should I include all correspondence with the person I'm taking to court ?? If so should I type out the text messages we exchanged or include a photo of each? Or just the reasons I have brought it to court?? And any other advice will be much appreciated
      Try to use the best evidence rather than lots of evidence - as the judge could otherwise then use your evidence against you if it suited them. This of course depends on the nature of your claim and the nature of your evidence. Do not use any evidence unless it cannot be used against you, is my view. Evidence once admitted stays on record as evidence regardless if it does not make it past any interim hearing/ points. Keep the witness statement as to the point as possible, do not make the judge have to go on a journey with this lunchbox just to understand the point. Be as objective as you possibly can, ie put yourself in someone's shoes who is not you, if you can do this that is. In your case, only use the correspondence which supports your case, do not use material that is not relevant. If the text messages support your case then include them perhaps as one exhibit rather than several exhibits. However, make sure that you have permission to use the text as it could be viewed as breach of privacy and or trust depending on the situation, can others (other than the opponent/s) be hurt by the disclosure of these texts, for example?

Comment

Here's a bit more help on content of WS - https://civillitigationbrief.wordpre...hy-it-matters/
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I better get reading. I need it done by the 9th March!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X