• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brightsparks welding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brightsparks welding

Is it a con? I signed on to become a welder, they took my money and i did not get the help i needed as i had 2 years no no internet. I dropped out without any certificate (what value do they hold anyway? And got charged a leaving fee of the remaining term of £495 as they said i needed to pay until the end of the agreed time. Can i get money back as i feel they mis sold me a dream but failed to deliver.
    Tags: None

You signed up in November 2015

You emailed them to cancel in Feb 2019 ? No contact with them until this point?

You weren't able to access the course materials ( through no fault of MIS - just due to your circumstances ) for 2 years. So did you do some of the work at the beginning ?

The maximum time the course can take is 3 years (36 months ) taking you to November 2018 ( see Clause 16 )

The course fees were to be paid over 43 months ( 3 and a half years ) - this 43 months would end in Jun 2019.

Who have you been making the payments to ? ( Marlborough, Brightsparks or CF4TS / Carnegie etc ) ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pt2537 this seems like it should be a regulated credit agreement as opposed to just a PAYG thing. Theres no interest but it's for more than 12 months... Normally these are debtor/creditor/supplier restricted use credit agreements - I've not seen one of these with a 3 month cancellation at any time section - this is labelled as monthly pay as you go - which doesn't scan with the course being over 36 months payable over 43 months... or am I being over cynical ? Plus Marlborough never had the right to canvass off trade premises and this was entered into at the debtors home..... what do you reckon? Marlborough already lost their licence in July 2016.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So, i can claim against them? And how? I had two books from them, made tests in the first year but never had any contact with them as i could not have internet the last 2 years. I am a not that high educated foreigner, living on benefits. This cost us 3 years of heat in the winter... if i can claim back the money i spend, i will become a welder by a decent evening school in Holland. I did read up on the other brightsparks topic on this forum, it does not sound like a good company. Thanks for your help. (I need all i can get)

Comment

I paid direct to brightsparks, i could not get the loan they proposed.

Comment

Do you know why you couldn't get the loan proposed ? ( was the loan proposed through Carnegie / CF4TS ? )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No idea who would give the loan. I lived at the time of signing on 22 months in the UK, not had a credit rating to qualify for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              You signed up in November 2015

You emailed them to cancel in Feb 2019 ? No contact with them until this point?

You weren't able to access the course materials ( through no fault of MIS - just due to your circumstances ) for 2 years. So did you do some of the work at the beginning ?

The maximum time the course can take is 3 years (36 months ) taking you to November 2018 ( see Clause 16 )

The course fees were to be paid over 43 months ( 3 and a half years ) - this 43 months would end in Jun 2019.

Who have you been making the payments to ? ( Marlborough, Brightsparks or CF4TS / Carnegie etc ) ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pt2537 this seems like it should be a regulated credit agreement as opposed to just a PAYG thing. Theres no interest but it's for more than 12 months... Normally these are debtor/creditor/supplier restricted use credit agreements - I've not seen one of these with a 3 month cancellation at any time section - this is labelled as monthly pay as you go - which doesn't scan with the course being over 36 months payable over 43 months... or am I being over cynical ? Plus Marlborough never had the right to canvass off trade premises and this was entered into at the debtors home..... what do you reckon? Marlborough already lost their licence in July 2016.

I agree, it seems to me to be credit, so would need a regulated agreement compliant with the provisions of the CCA , in principle at least.
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Could i get legal aid somewhere? Or a no win no fee basis for a claim? I am not a happy bunny.

Comment

I had a dog with a cancer growth, so it is a bit lat3r then i wanted to write.

brightsparks does not reply anymore to my emails. I asked them if they sold me a loan based product.

What are my options? Do i take them to small claims court as it is a under £10.000 claim? Where do i get help with that? Do i send in the claim for a refund with my side of not having a single certificate and that they forced me to pay the remaining £495 on the terms? Just not sure as i never had to deal with this kinda stuff before (and i am honest that i never had much school education). Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Landy101fc View Post
                    I had a dog with a cancer growth, so it is a bit lat3r then i wanted to write.

brightsparks does not reply anymore to my emails. I asked them if they sold me a loan based product.

What are my options? Do i take them to small claims court as it is a under £10.000 claim? Where do i get help with that? Do i send in the claim for a refund with my side of not having a single certificate and that they forced me to pay the remaining £495 on the terms? Just not sure as i never had to deal with this kinda stuff before (and i am honest that i never had much school education). Thanks in advance.
                    Small claims isnt the safe arena some think, costs can be awarded in the small claims track even if you lose so be aware of the risks. Before you issue a claim you must comply with the pre action protocols, you must serve a letter of claim and give them time to pay, if they dont pay them a claim needs to be issued, you will need to ensure that the Claim is accompanied by particulars of claim which comply with the rules.

I think the first thing you need to work out is what are you claiming for? Once that questions answered you can move forward
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

I think £7.000 for no certificates a huge sum. If a student dropped of the radar for more then half a year, should they reach out or stop the education?
                      even if i get the money refunded from the day i did not logged in i could re-invest to get a job. On a other topic the topic starter talked about a extension, even that i did not get offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Landy101fc View Post
                        I think £7.000 for no certificates a huge sum. If a student dropped of the radar for more then half a year, should they reach out or stop the education?
                        even if i get the money refunded from the day i did not logged in i could re-invest to get a job. On a other topic the topic starter talked about a extension, even that i did not get offered.
                        So youre in the hole for £7,000, ok that would be a small claims case in all likelihood

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X