• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IDS petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IDS petition

I see he says he was unemployed and struggling twice in his life once after he was married to the Barons daughter the one who lets him live rent free in a 2 million pound house in buckinghamshire are we thick enough to think this Baron was going to let his daughter and her husband go short ?the man like most politicians is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      Sadly they are,they do believe he crap they are fed. you should see some of the comments by "friends" on facebook
      You will find those who post such comments include Tory party members, supporters and sympathisers, lobbyists for vested interests, those involved with right-wing or right-leaning "think tanks", with those involved with right-wing "nutter" groups bringing up the rear. The left-wing and left-leaning ones can be just as extreme and crazy.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        You will find those who post such comments include Tory party members, supporters and sympathisers, lobbyists for vested interests, those involved with right-wing or right-leaning "think tanks", with those involved with right-wing "nutter" groups licking up the rear.
        IFYPFY.

The left-wing and left-leaning ones can be just as extreme and crazy.
        True...

And then there are the cranks who protest vociferously about "wimmin's rights" (sic) yet ignore any infringement of human rights their ideas might cause.

Comment

Very true, CC!

Comment

UPDATE:

Just received this

400,000 in less than 4 days -- incredible!
            First of all I want to say thank you. When I started the petition calling on Iain Duncan Smith to live on £53 a week I hoped it would have some impact, but I never imagined it would set off such a huge chain reaction. As I write the signature count is 408,593. It is overwhelming and inspiring.
            This week the Government wanted to control the debate and dictate the tone -- you have taken that from them and given it back to the people!
            The petition has been talked about on Facebook and Twitter, and covered hundreds of times in the media. It was on the front page of The Independent, BBC, Sky News, The Guardian,The Daily Mail, The Telegraph and many more.
            Iain Duncan Smith has not yet replied directly to me, but told his local newspaper that he thinks the petition is "a complete stunt which distracts attention from the welfare reforms". In fact it is the total opposite.
            This petition represents over 400,000 people concerned by the welfare cuts.
            Iain Duncan Smith is clearly rattled and wants this to blow over. Let's not give him that privilege.
            In the coming days I will deliver the petition in person but let's have a final effort to remind him once again what this is all about -- men who live comfortable lives in country mansions have no right to tell people what poverty feels like.
            Post a Facebook message or send a tweet today. Some ideas below...
            Please keep supporting the petition -- we have started this conversation, let's keep it going.
            Thank you,
            Dominic

Help reach 500,000 signers...
            via Twitter
            Choose a tweet and click to send it:
            Hey there @dwppressoffice how much has IDS spent today? chn.ge/16sktjh #IDSpetition
            Hi @dwppressoffice what do you think IDS should cut back on to live on £53 a week? chn.ge/16sktjh #IDSpetition
            IDS: Take the £53 for 52 week challenge or retract your claim. @dwppressoffice chn.ge/16sktjh #IDSpetition
            Hi @dwppressoffice Can IDS live on £53 for a week (not just for a lunch)? chn.ge/16sktjh #IDSpetition
            Click here to share the petition on Facebook and add a comment to tell your friends what you'd have to give up to live on £53 a week. e.g. I couldn't live on £53 a week. I'd have to give up _______. I don't think Iain Duncan Smith could either.

or by Email

If you are not on Facebook or Twitter share the petition with your friends by sending them this email.
            Hi,
            I signed the petition to ask Iain Duncan Smith to live on £53 a week. Over 400,000 have signed it in 4 days. Have you signed yet?
            You can sign it at: https://www.change.org/ids53quid
            Thanks!

Comment

did anyone read where IDS's expenses for one breakfast came to £39? Think he would struggle on £53 a week.

Comment

how the bloody hell can you spend £39 on a breakfast?

I have a struggle spending £20 on dinner!!!

Comment

well I presume it would be London prices

Comment

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
                    did anyone read where IDS's expenses for one breakfast came to £39? Think he would struggle on £53 a week.
                    The figure is wrong, it cost him £0.00 and cost us £39.00 with his expenses claim for a business breakfast

EDIT: that is how he would survive. £53.00 spend and the rest on expenses
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
                      well I presume it would be London prices
                      I'm from london.... local greasy spoon can do you a nice full mixed grill (complete with liver) for £4.50..

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                        The figure is wrong, it cost him £0.00 and cost us £39.00 with his expenses claim for a business breakfast

EDIT: that is how he would survive. £53.00 spend and the rest on expenses
                        £4.25 for breakfast
                        £35.25 for an hours "Public Apperance"

Comment

I've signed this petition and tweeted the third in the list. IDS really must be deluded if he thinks this is going to blow over. So must Boy George Osborne if he thinks the £100,000 tax cut he's giving himself and his rich pals isn't going to go unnoticed or won't provoke outrage. If he's hoping it will spark off riots, he's going to be waiting a long time because people have worked out for themselves just what the coalition are up to and will use all legal and lawful means to bring the little $*** and his scummy pals down to earth with an almighty thump. Yes, George, being put out of office on your arse by the electorate is one of the most humiliating things to have happen to a politician. It is coming, like it or not, so get used to it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X