• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IDS petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDS petition

Ian Duncan- Smith says he can live on the £53 a week benefits easily

this petition is to make him prove it..

https://www.change.org/en-GB/suggest...ion_id=1069183
    Tags: None

Re: IDS petition

Just signed it waiy=ting for his excuse as to why he wont do it the man is a moron who does not know what its like in the real world

Comment

I do not normally sign these kinds of petition but I have on this one so that we can find out if IDS is willing to do this ie undercover minister
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

signed earler today via face book, wonder if he will?
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Signed earlier through change.org who sent me an email alert about it. Also shared on FB. The fact that the Tory front bench are having to resort to lies that are totally transparent, i.e. you can see right through them, shows just how desperate they are.

Memo to Cameron, Osborne and IDS: The electorate isn't stupid, they don't believe anything you say, they know the truth as to why the economy is in the state it is in and you'd be better calling a General Election and putting the Tories and their supporters out of their collective misery.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Bluebottle, currently I don't trust any of them with the management of the economy. Labour's alternative is spend more which I still think is the wrong path to tread. It's a pity LibDem's are in government with the Conservatives because they were the party of protest but not anymore.

The difficulty I will face at the next election is whether to continue to support my local MP who voted NO to the tuition fees rise unlike his colleagues who turned their backs on students and I think he is a good MP for my city.

The local elections will be different here as one issue emerging is a project on 20mph throughout the city. As a car driver I am opposed to this limit as I think it is unworkable. There have been schemes that are in operation, ie Portsmouth, and I know Bristol is doing it but it's different here.

In regards to what IDS has said, I would like to see him live on £53 a week even if it is simply an experiment for 1 month. If he can lead by example then surely all of us will simply have to shut up and put up.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Did that odious snollygoster specify £53?

Might he have meant 53 pounds of something else? (link)

Comment

Wonder if he is related to Shylock?
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Can anyone say whether the £53 is for everything (ie rent, council tax, food, utilities) or is it just for food etc after rent or mortgage+utilities and CT paid? and is it for one person or a family?

Comment

sorry CC edited after you so kindly thanked

Comment

It should be for everything, but just for one person.

When Iain Duncan Smith left the Army and before he got a job as an arms sales-wallah at GEC, did he sign on as unemployed or did he immediately seek employment stacking shelves at Tesco?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                        Can anyone say whether the £53 is for everything (ie rent, council tax, food, utilities) or is it just for food etc after rent or mortgage+utilities and CT paid? and is it for one person or a family?
                        what I'm getting at is that it would be do-able if it were after all the above were paid especially if you didn't drink or smoke (or have any fun costing money at all)- but just impossible otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          It should be for everything, but just for one person.

When Iain Duncan Smith left the Army and before he got a job as an arms sales-wallah at GEC, did he sign on as unemployed or did he immediately seek employment stacking shelves at Tesco?
                          Well - it couldn't really be done - where can you rent for less than £53 per week for a start?

Comment

Leclerc,

I do know that in parts of Plymouth some streets are what is termed "shared space" where both pedestrians and traffic can both go, but at certain times, traffic is banned, other than blue light vehicles responding to 999 calls. The constant speed limit is 20 mph. It is a scheme that works. All other roads and main roads have speed limits ranging 30-40 mph, except the Devon Expressway where the speed limit is 70 mph. My local MP is very good where the disabled are concerned and works hard for those living in deprived areas.

CC,

I know someone who was in the Army with IDS. Their opinion of him is, "He was an a****hole when he was in the army and he's an a***hole now." Says a lot about IDS, doesn't it? Those who also think IDS can be likened to the aforementioned bodily orifice, please click the "Thanks" button. It will be interesting to note the mood of thought about IDS.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post

I assumed it to be the money in your hand after housing/council tax benefit paid so no housing costs just fuel, insurance, tv license, either car or travel expences phone, oh and of course food lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X