• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GMAC RFC will pay up to £7.7m customer redress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMAC RFC help needed ? had a phone call from them

hi had a call from Gmac as i was claiming via a firm ? why a direct call
    i was taken to court for arears of £1720.29 ( Max was 2726.91 p ) for breach of court order 50 pounds for charges was pounds behind in arrears i had no bank account and could only pay pay cheque from a building society passbook last year my intrest rate with them them was 10.4 %
    i got a letter from jvs they had offered only £450
    i have a few statement and thes charges go back to 2002 to 2008 6years worth
    15 pounds a month 50 pound arrears charges
    one statement
    figures show not sure 01 04 2005
    if this is correct i need help
    starting balance £72,000
    postal payment £600 arrear fee £50 no payment dd £15
    intrest charge £-487.65

31 12 2005 arrears fee £50 no dd £15
    intrest charge £485 .49 balance £73.192.68 ?

was taken to court on £1720.29 arears
    on the 30-04 2003 i had £2.726 .91 in arrears
    moved morthage to Ge Money in 2008

i hope some one can make sense of this for me thank you Paul.

Comment

Re: GMAC RFC will pay up to £7.7m customer redress

YIPEEE Just been offered a payment under the terms of their cosy arrangement with FSA

£43.00

OOPS think they might be trying to leg over the wrong person here

I gestimate we should be due around £2.5k.

GAME ON!
      The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Evening all,

We received a letter off GMAC today, basically a monthly statement of account. Anyway they have added a paragraph I never knew or noticed was there before now.

It goes like this..

Please note : These fees are debited to the mortgage account and are NOT included in the arrears balance.

So if I am right, if you originally had a mortgage with them of say £80,000 and over the years incurred £6,000 worth of fees and charges it means you now owe GMAC £86,000.

So, under their new deal they have with the FSA on reviewing your accounts etc, what they will say is, we will owe you nothing effectively as we will reduce the balance owed, but if you have arrears you still owe that full amount!!

Am I understanding that right or did I get that wrong? Can they do this???

Comment

Hello Folks, got me letter from GMac saying I will recieve £142.56 refund fees.

Nice one; quite happy with that.

Comment

Hi Ladidi, you are quite right. Gmac are not sending out payments if you still have an account with them. They are deducting amount due to you from balance of mortgage. If you owe arrears this amount remains the same so they will still charge arrears fee of £50 per month.

Comment

statement on GMAC Site today

Processing Update with regards to mortgage arrears charges – 22 January 2010
              Following the FSA announcement on 29th October 2009, GMAC RFC implemented a programme to contact a significant number of customers. Due to the unprecedented success of this contact programme we currently have a high volume of customers awaiting a refund.
              If you have contacted us to confirm your contact details or to provide new details, please be assured that we are working through these requests as quickly as we possibly can in date order of receipt. We expect to produce all cheques where customers have contacted us in either November or December 2009 by Monday 9th February 2010 and contacts made in January 2010 will be actioned by the end of February 2010.
              If you have not received your cheque by these dates, please contact us on 0800 030 4662. Thank you for your patience.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X