• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OFT v Banks Test Case latest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFT v Banks Test Case latest

OFT v BANKS TEST CASE
    Tuesday 23 June – Thursday 25 June

Office of Fair Trading (Respondents) v Abbey National PLC and others (Appellants)
    Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers
    Lord Walker of Gestingthorpe
    Baroness Hale of Richmond
    Lord Mance
    Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury
    The House of Lords hearing will start on 10.30am on Tuesday 23 June and will last for 3 days. It wil be held at the Houses of Parliament - St Stephen's Entrance, Committee Room 2A. Limited public seating

Read HERE

We do not expect any decision to return from the law lords until October - we expect the waiver to be further extended in July - possibly for a further 6 months. If the judgment from the Court of Appeal is upheld then there will still be a fair way to go before this is concluded.

Beagles will have representatives at the hearings and we will update you with information as soon as we can throughout next week.

Keep an eye on the OFT Forum for latest news.

In the meantime bank charges claims remain on hold, Hardship cases should refer to the Hardship Forum for help. We do not recommend putting business claims in the court system at the moment at all.

Credit card charges claims continue as normal - remember £12 is NOT a fair level.

Keep pressure up on the FSA to monitor the waiver properly.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: OFT v Banks Test Case latest

Ame,

re: We do not expect any decision to return from the law lords until October - we expect the waiver to be further extended in July - possibly for a further 6 months. If the judgment from the Court of Appeal is upheld then there will still be a fair way to go before this is concluded.

Is this LB's view or a quote from the OFT?? Either way wrt the "fair way to go" bit - are we really looking at knowing who the 2012 100m winner will be before we know whether charges will be refunded ??!!

thx

shazza

Comment

well its my view anyway... direct quotes from OFT I'll try put in the quote box.

really its anyones guess how long it will drag on for after this stage - have a watch of the first part of working lunch today (bbc iplayer ) they had a bit of an article on about it. mostly its conjecture what will happen after - we have the possibility of the ECJ, or the banks voluntarily giving in ... in any case this, if not appealed further, will simply decide if the terms can be assessed or not.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame,

Sorry if I asked the question in the wrong way but believe me I'd take your view (and LB's VIP's) ahead of any other forums advisers.

Fingers crossed for next week I guess.

shazza

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X