• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exposed: energy giant cheats its customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposed: energy giant cheats its customers

Exposed: energy giant cheats its customers

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle3690034.ece

Inside the cheating world of Npower’s rogue sales teams
    http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle3689797.ece

Re: Exposed: energy giant cheats its customers

I wrote this on here on 25th Feb, I can't wait to be rid of them now.

This is exactly what happened to me with NPower.
    I had a chap for a full hour with all my bills out and he with his calculator and he told me I would be much better off with them than British Gas.
    I was changing suppliers anyway, one thing I object to more than anything is being lied to and this is what the chap did. I also told the lady on the phone that they had lied when they tried to amend my DD's.
    As for British Gas I wouldn't return to them, even if it meant I had to rely on candles and a coal fire.
    So that was my reason for changing suppliers and Spark came up hence the question on here.
    I can't see them giving me such a big saving TBH, but even if its only £100 per year it's something. I also get the satisfaction of telling NPower what I think of them when they ring to see why I am changing.

Comment

One salesman, Aneel Khan, an acting manager, repeatedly denied to residents they would be changing suppliers if they signed his consent form. He insisted, untruthfully, that since he worked for “the electricity board” his company owned all of the others. “We’re coming from the electricity board, the board who controls all the companies – British Gas, EDF and Npower, right?” he said. The companies he mentioned are rivals.
      The bit in red was said to me by Npower on my doorstep last year, cheeky git I told him I wasn't stupid! Both them and British gas have been round here canvassing plenty of times and neither will get my custom! When I moved into my house BG tried to take me to court for a measly £6...and I wasn't ever with them! Like enaid, I get plenty satisfaction from telling them what I think of them
      You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

I wouldn't ever consider switching energy suppliers based on what a doorstep seller tells me. But it's easy to see why others are taken in, particularly the elderly or vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by argentarius View Post
          I wouldn't ever consider switching energy suppliers based on what a doorstep seller tells me. But it's easy to see why others are taken in, particularly the elderly or vulnerable.
          I wouldn't honestly see myself as either elderly or vulnerable tbh.
          I had always turned people away before, the particular guy who came to my house was very convincing, both vocally and in fact on paper, he showed me the workings out in fact.
          It was only after my first quarterly bill that the DD's were nearly upped by another 50% and in fact were no cheaper than British Gas.
          I hate being ripped off and I hate being lied to even more, so I will never entertain NPower or indeed British Gas again no matter how cheap they are.

Comment

I said particularly. I didn't mean that you were necessarily either.

Obviously good salesmen can sell ice to Eskimos, as the expression goes.

Which is why IMHO it's best to send them away with a flea in their ear before they have chance to convince you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X