• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The question debtors are increasingly asking: do I have to repay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question debtors are increasingly asking: do I have to repay?

The rise of online forums as a place to get debt advice represents something quite different, however. In the long history of borrowers’ difficult relationship with debt, the tendency has been for people to try to deal with their debts alone. For many, taking on debt involves not just an economic relationship but a moral […]

More...
    Tags: None

Re: The question debtors are increasingly asking: do I have to repay?

From the report

Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So what is new ?

Comment

Following reading some of this selective reasoning (potentially) where does the "unregulated" stand.....................I can tell you....."no where"

It has been completely ignored from day No1 of any recent directive/s or the inclusion in to the new mortgage directive being pushed by the FCA to integrate into the EU.

Debt management is nothing compared to members of the public being stripped of their assets in ignorance, overcharging & above all lack of information or an educated line of defence.

Comment

Interesting forum quotes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            It makes me livid to think this is being published & the exact opposite is actually happening..............the debate I have personally had to wade through & will continue to do so is no different to what would constitute complete ignorance...............................it is statements of this kind that is "rhetoric" not the sort being put by a suffering public/consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
              Any of yours there Nibbler?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Any of yours there Nibbler?
                Nope.

I count 4, perhaps 5 from MSE though.

Comment

What's the source of this article?

(sorry if I've missed it!)

Comment

http://theconversation.com/the-quest...to-repay-36723 (its linked to from the homepage - the first post on this thread is an RSS feed from there - the full report is on the homepage story too)
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

One of the authors of this has also written some other interesting articles eg... ''Debt collectors are the true ancestors of Facebook’s emotions experiment ''
                      The aim was to test the effect of different letter designs and letter sequences, with the ultimate ambition being to create a carefully calibrated letter sequence which would build up the anxiety level of the debtor from an initial “welcome” letter to later letters where they felt they had no option but to pay. The effect Carder was looking for was to make the debtor feel “as though he were standing on a railroad track with an express train on its way”.

To do so, letters and debtors were organised into test groups and control groups. Variables could then be tested. These ranged from using colour, to using cartoons to create a friendly tone in early letters, to different wordings, some of which tried to appeal to emotions like ‘honour’, other which were more aggressive, for example using words like “final recourse”. They even tested using letters that appeared to come from lawyers, an early example of a practice that has drawn Wonga back into the firing line this week. The results, writes Carder, were an unequivocal success.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks

So more evidence of what we already knew - most DCA's are scumbags preying on the vulnerable

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X