• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial watchdog boss 'tried to gag MP who warned Northern Rock was heading for dis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial watchdog boss 'tried to gag MP who warned Northern Rock was heading for dis

The head of the financial watchdog criticised for not acting sooner to prevent the Northern Rock scandal tried to gag a senior MP who warned the bank was heading for disaster, it was claimed

More...

Re: Financial watchdog boss 'tried to gag MP who warned Northern Rock was heading for

well he would say that NOW :suspicious:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Financial watchdog boss 'tried to gag MP who warned Northern Rock was heading for

As Cable is a finance expert I believe him. Also he wouldn't say it unless it was true otherwise he leaves himself open to all kinds of serious civil litigation

Comment

Who on earth does Callum McCarthy think he is, calling an elected Member of Parliament telling him what he should or shouldn't say? Thank god he's standing down soon as FSA chairman later this year, no doubt to some agreeable post in the city.

He is nothing more than a loathesome spotted reptile. A slimey amphibian scrotum. He is unquestionably the most patronising, tedious, boring, uninteresting, flatulent, flat-headed, cloth-eared, swivel-eyed, fornicating little gits I've ever laid my eyes on.

Comment

I take it you don't like that guy then EXC:laugh:
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Me neither

When I heard him on radio 4 blaming NR shareholders for having shares in NR (because they should have known NR's borrowing was dodgy) I realised then where this guy is coming from - regulator my foot. Even the BBC interviewer was incredulous with his remarks

& I hope Vince Cable crucifies him for lying to the press - the little toady
            Last edited by righty; 25th February 2008, 01:23:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X