• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse refunding Customers interest after annual statement error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse refunding Customers interest after annual statement error

Customers who have taken motor finance from Blackhorse have been receiving unexpected payouts. The company has admitted to failing to include information in annual statements relating to the option for customers to voluntarily terminate the contract before completion. This is required in the UK under the Consumer Credit Act The payments are a refund of […]

More...
    Tags: None

Re: Black Horse refunding Customers interest after annual statement error

I have received a similar letter from an agreement I took out in 2009 and traded the car in for another agreement with a different FC over 2 years later. I also felt that the tone of the letter was a bit too pushy in asking me to bank the cheque right away, it felt like there was more to it.
    Would be interested to know if anyone has investigated this further.
    Thanks

Comment

This thread has more people on who have received the letter http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...418#post488418

Anybody fancy calling the FCA and seeing if it's an 'ordered' thing by them or just off blackhorse's own back ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Another example.

I'm looking for a bit of help and advice. Yesterday I received a letter from Blackhorse finance about a loan I took out with them back in 2008 to help purchase a new car. The loan was over a 3 year period and the outstanding lump sum (as it was a pcp) was paid off in full at the end of the agreement. The letter states that they have carried out a review of my account and noted that they made an error. When I signed up for the agreement they neglected to inform me that I was free to terminate the contract voluntarily before its completion.

As a result they are not entitled to retain the interest I paid on the loan and therefore have to refund it in full from the date of the error, which happens to be the start of the loan. They have informed me that a cheque for the ineterest will be sent out in the next 7-10 days for the amount of £1800.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X