• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CH info to be free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CH info to be free

Free Companies House searches from next year

It was announced this week that Companies House is going to make access to all its digital data free of charge by June next year. The removal of charges for this data follows an agreement by G8 leaders last year to improve corporate transparency. As a result, it will be easier for businesses and members of the public to research and scrutinise the activities and ownership of companies and connected individuals.

The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills said that removing the charge would make the UK the first country to have a truly open register of business information. "By making its data freely available and free of charge, Companies House is making the UK a more transparent, efficient and effective place to do business," said the business secretary, Vince Cable.

Currently users must pay a nominal charge, usually £1, for each file downloaded, but by June 2015 all this information will be free of charge. Any telephone requests will continue to incur a fee though.
    Click here for the full text of the announcement.

http://www.lexology.com/library/deta...7-565dabe6a092
    Tags: None

Re: CH info to be free

Bloody marvellous new. For very nosey people like me (and you lol )that will save a fortune..... :beagle:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yep and it should kill the market in companies charging for company docs too.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it, they charge more than treble what you can get the same docs for at companies house and people use them...... and don't forget people are still paying for EHIC cards too !!! EDUCATION.....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Bloody marvellous new. For very nosey people like me (and you lol )that will save a fortune..... :beagle:
          ...and ME! :grin:

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          Yep and it should kill the market in companies charging for company docs too.
          I fully agree with both the above! :yo: :yo: It was about time! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Comment

Hmm.

It's out of character for a government organisation to decrease income and increase transparency.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X