• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Which? Test Case Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which? Test Case Demo

The consumer group Which? is planning an anti-bank demonstration outside the courtroom of the OFT test case, according to a snippet
    in an Idependent article

I'm not sure but I would think that this is uprecedented for the organisation to mount such a demonstration

The test case is being held at the Admiralty & Commercial Court in the Strand and kicks off at 10.30 on Wednesday 16th. The public are able
    able to attend.

http://money.independent.co.uk/perso...cle3318006.ece

Re: Which? Test Case Demo

Will you or anyone we know be attending the case at all ?

As this is in open court I assume it is allowed for the day to day events to be released in the press etc?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

You bet I'll be there. I spoke to the court yesterday and the public can attend on a first come first serve basis.

I plan to write up a daily report on procceedings to post on the site. I'm not sure what the protocol on taking in laptops into the courtroom is though!

Comment

That will be great EXC.

I'm sure it will help everyone to know what IS going on in the courts and not just what appears in the press.

Good on you mate.

I'm sure the court website will have something on whethere laptops are allowed in court, I would guess not due to noise etc. Good old pen and paper me thinks

Comment

Absolutely bloody fantastic , made my day .

Not sure about laptops , but I would also enquire about the use of Dictaphones to record the proceedings to allow you to write up later.If allowed , maybe we could do a poscast , but I seriously doubt that would be allowed. If possible do you have anyone who is any good at shorthand to take along with you?
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Well I've already thought about the possibility of at least recording the summing up. But I too doubt if this would be allowed. But having said that, I've never been too worried about upsetting the establishment.

As for taking a secretary along, I suppose if she's rather attractive it would have some appeal. But I don't intend to write up every spoken word, just the substantive points. I'd really like to record the mood and feel of the case as much as the technical legal arguments.

Comment

If its a Thursday I could put my frock on msl:

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                If its a Thursday I could put my frock on msl:

Thats very kind of you, what's your dictation speed luv? I'll let you know if I'm desparate.

But seriously it would be much easier to type it straight in rather than write it by hand first. I'll just take a laptop along anyway

Comment

even better, get voice recognition software installed then you just have to sit there and it will type it all out for you.........good plan i think.............not!!!!!!
                  msl:msl:

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix View Post
                    even better, get voice recognition software installed then you just have to sit there and it will type it all out for you.........good plan i think.............not!!!!!!
                    msl:msl:
                    I think I'd have a tough time finding software that recognised 'OFT speak'.

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I might be able to get you that software, although I do translate gibberish pretty well, as many posters of this site will be awaremsl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X